Chevy Corvette ZR1 Just Smashed the Ford GT's VIR Lap Record

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
****ing awesome! America building some bad bitches. Top 4 spots belong to American bad-asses.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Yup. Fords pro driver totally made him a ham sandwich with a coke when he set that lap record. Totally wasn’t even trying lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I heard that the Ford GT driver refused to downshift...

Voltwings

Established Member
Yup. Fords pro driver totally made him a ham sandwich with a coke when he set that lap record. Totally wasn’t even trying lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the pro driver that they use when racing was trying to replicate a problem they have ... when racing ... with a pro driver... You act like anyone other than a pro driver tests these things?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
the corvette is impressive no doubt but I do wish Ford would pick a track and send out a comp car with a proper crew to just flat out obliterate a record, drop the mic and walk away

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Last edited:

Detoxx03

El Cucuy
Established Member
Looks like the threads got merged. EDIT

So Ford said they weren't even going for the record and now Chevy is saying they weren't going for the record? Is anyone trying with these records? =D

Yeah I didn’t know one was made in another section fml

jleews6

Established Member
I live near VIR and the rumor around here is that the Ford guys were drunk when they ran the lap and to top it all off they had to stop to let a bunny across the track. If they were serious and didn't care about bunnies that half million dollar Ford GT would have killed the Zr1. :)

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Chevy said they weren’t going for a record but had a pit crew, and a 5-point harness?
Just like 13cobra said there is a big difference between testing out some known issues from owner feedback to what GM did. GM also had 2 other cars to test.

3rd party really needs to test these cars. GMs been known to tweak shit going to the track. Remember the track alignment c7z after it was dominated by a GTR?

Snagged said:
So Ford said they weren't even going for the record and now Chevy is saying they weren't going for the record? Is anyone trying with these records? =D
You aren’t going for a record with only 3 people in the crew, tire conservation for magazine testing, and limited time.

Users who are viewing this thread