Chevy Corvette ZR1 Just Smashed the Ford GT's VIR Lap Record

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
And do you have the pre and post lap inspection with computer read outs of tune, boost, a/f ratios, with a fuel sample and corner weights stating it was oem?

To answer your question, gm has in fact posted non oem vehicle performance times as oem in the recent past.

Do you have the one for the FGT? If not, id stop playing cheer leader...

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Like the old saying goes “if you aint cheating, you aint trying”.... GM, Ford or Ferrari, all dirty...

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Do you have the one for the FGT? If not, id stop playing cheer leader...
When did Ford put out this time for marketing?

All Ford did was recognize the very same car could run some 5 secs faster than the CD Editors. If they wanted marketing times they would have certainly made the team effort gm did.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Don’t let ZYBORG get in your head. He loves to stir the pot and provoke.
It’s his nature, right or wrong. He loves confrontation.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
When did Ford put out this time for marketing?

All Ford did was recognize the very same car could run some 5 secs faster than the CD Editors. If they wanted marketing times they would have certainly made the team effort gm did.

So Ford gets a “pass” in your book..... Weird!

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
From my point of view: I would have liked to have purchased a new FGT from Ford. I applied to do so. I would have driven the car, not flipped it for a profit; I would have taken it to track days, hooned it around the twisties, and generally put it to the use it's designed for.

Ford turned me down - flat - and sold cars to folks who do none of those things. That did not endear them to me in the slightest.

Fast forward a bit - Chevrolet offers the ZR1. There's no application process, it's less than 1/3 the price of the FGT, it's faster(ish) than the FGT, and the wait time is measured in months not years. I buy one.

The end result is: I do not have a FGT, I do have a ZR1, and I'm irritated at Ford.

Doesn't seem like a great outcome for Ford, if I'm honest...

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
200.gif

From my point of view: I would have liked to have purchased a new FGT from Ford. I applied to do so. I would have driven the car, not flipped it for a profit; I would have taken it to track days, hooned it around the twisties, and generally put it to the use it's designed for.

Ford turned me down - flat - and sold cars to folks who do none of those things. That did not endear them to me in the slightest.

Fast forward a bit - Chevrolet offers the ZR1. There's no application process, it's less than 1/3 the price of the FGT, it's faster(ish) than the FGT, and the wait time is measured in months not years. I buy one.

The end result is: I do not have a FGT, I do have a ZR1, and I'm irritated at Ford.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member

b0b4q_s-200x150.gif

I kept refreshing this thread for a response, but it...got quiet.

scn

Established Member
I’m not saying that at all. I’m saying that was gms best effort, and they took multiple laps of not multiple days to get those numbers....I would even argue with non oem spec. They have don’t it before.

GTS, no just I don’t trust anything GM. The C6Z is a fantastic car!!
I’ll give you credit for one thing, you really embrace your hate for GM.
I’m surprised by the reaction of some on
here. The ZR1 was out for the ACR-E not the GT. Different missions, both ridiculously fast, both awesome. I guess since the Viper is gone, the Corvette guys couldn’t help but poke at what was around. Oh well, it’s all good fun.

Z06

Established Member
So here I am, thinking there was video for the GT VIR run, I searched "ford gt VIR" and a bunch of ZR1 beats the ford GT results comes up. Is there a video out as yet or no?

Users who are viewing this thread