China building "ghost cities"

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Came across an interesting article to the effect that China was building "ghost" cities, modern and complete, but devoid of people:

like-ordos-zhengzhou-new-district-has-glamorous-public-buildings.jpg

And Now Presenting: Amazing Satellite Images Of The Ghost Cities Of China

Could China be preparing for the aftermath of a catastrophic nuclear war?

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
Damn that's kind of disturbing to think about.

And the commercial for Battle for LA that was just shown on tv was also freaky.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
So that's why building supply prices have constantly jumped up and up for no reason..

Interesting though. You figure that if they were for a nuclear aftermath they'd be geared more for inside. Like a giant indoor cruise ship.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
That's probably a giant movie theater to watch Top Gun.

4a7191a

Established Member
weird, somethings probley going on that our gov will be glad to tell us all about it after it happens

stangaholic280

Established Member
God I wish we had one of these....best prank ever:

Get your buddy smashed to the point he passes out. Drive him to the ghost town an put him in a building. Have some buddies dress up in full zombie wear. The next morning, let him wander around for a bit and get real freaked out...then release the zombies! :D

Seraphus

I R ANDROID LEG!
Established Member
God I wish we had one of these....best prank ever:

Get your buddy smashed to the point he passes out. Drive him to the ghost town an put him in a building. Have some buddies dress up in full zombie wear. The next morning, let him wander around for a bit and get real freaked out...then release the zombies! :D

Bwahahaha!!!!! good stuff!

It is really strange though!

SVT~frenchie

Will the mods ever end?
Established Member
I talked to my manager about this weeks ago and he had some good thoughts on the subject. How accurate he was, I don't know, but it sounded good. According to him, China still has many people that are living in poverty or "living off the land". China is trying to bring these people out of the wood work and get them into a city life, kind of like having their own industrial revolution. Since China has such a huge mass of people it would be hard to build everything at the spur of the moment, thus they build the cities now to occupy the people when they decide to take on the city life.

I haven't looked much into the subject but it sounds like a good hypothesis.

01svtL

Established Member
Why would it be for aftermath of war? What's to say those "cities" don't get blown the F up too?

Doesn't make any sense at all. There's no way that's what they are for.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Came across an interesting article to the effect that China was building "ghost" cities, modern and complete, but devoid of people:

like-ordos-zhengzhou-new-district-has-glamorous-public-buildings.jpg

And Now Presenting: Amazing Satellite Images Of The Ghost Cities Of China

Could China be preparing for the aftermath of a catastrophic nuclear war?

Doesnt look very ghostly to me, i see cars parked in the lot and ones driving down the road.

Plus whos to say in the aftermath of a nuke attack the ghost cities dont get hit too?

IIRC isnt china about to relocate a shitload of people from some area due to them building a huge dam that will create the worlds biggest man-made lake? These cities could be just part of that whole dealy. Or hell, maybe their infrastructure is moving faster than their population and they are doing the whole "If you build it, they will come" thing. Unlike america, where our population booms and then we realize we need to improve our infrastructure, 20yrs after....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread