China building "ghost cities"

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
such a waste of assets... the chinese are creeping up in this world; super power within sight!

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Some good points in this thread; the Chinese are much more proactive than the Western countries have been, and their thinking spans decades rather than just the next (or last) Quarter.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Some good points in this thread; the Chinese are much more proactive than the Western countries have been, and their thinking spans decades rather than just the next (or last) Quarter.

Yeah this is probably a case of them "having the money to build so why not do it now?" kind of deal. Plus them funding huge building projects like this employs people and strengthens their economy even more.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
I talked to my manager about this weeks ago and he had some good thoughts on the subject. How accurate he was, I don't know, but it sounded good. According to him, China still has many people that are living in poverty or "living off the land". China is trying to bring these people out of the wood work and get them into a city life, kind of like having their own industrial revolution. Since China has such a huge mass of people it would be hard to build everything at the spur of the moment, thus they build the cities now to occupy the people when they decide to take on the city life.

I haven't looked much into the subject but it sounds like a good hypothesis.

"It's the first, where's my Gub'ment check"....but in chinese :rolling:

VRM III

Established Member
God I wish we had one of these....best prank ever:

Get your buddy smashed to the point he passes out. Drive him to the ghost town an put him in a building. Have some buddies dress up in full zombie wear. The next morning, let him wander around for a bit and get real freaked out...then release the zombies! :D

This! :rockon:

yellowbra

Established Member
Why would it be for aftermath of war? What's to say those "cities" don't get blown the F up too?

Doesn't make any sense at all. There's no way that's what they are for.

Or they are building them for us to go to when they blow our country to hell and back?

Last edited:

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!!!!!!
And unless we do the same.........................................................

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
God I wish we had one of these....best prank ever:

Get your buddy smashed to the point he passes out. Drive him to the ghost town an put him in a building. Have some buddies dress up in full zombie wear. The next morning, let him wander around for a bit and get real freaked out...then release the zombies! :D

yeah bill murray thought that would be a funny idea too in zombieland :D

Jad G

Broke but fast
Established Member
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!!!!!!
And unless we do the same.........................................................

With as many foreclosed homes and vacant office buildings as America has now, we should have plenty in reserve of our own

wrksnfx

FordTrucksDaRestJustSuck
Established Member
With the whole ZOMBIE prank on your friend is FUNNY or you could just drop them off in the center of town and see if he loses his mind or if he finds his way out like this Twilight Zone episode "Where Is Everybody?, 10/2/59" Twilight Zone First Season.

"Where Is Everybody"
o Writer: Rod Serling
o Director: Robert Stevens
o Producer: William Self
o Director of Photography: Joseph La Shelle
o Music: Bernard Herrmann
o Cast:
+ Mike Ferris: Earl Holliman
+ Air Force General: James Gregory

"The place is here, the time is now, and the journey into the shadows that we're about to watch could be our journey."

Mike Ferris, a man in an Air Force jumpsuit, is all alone in a strange town. He searches all over trying to find someone. He finally collapses, pushing the "walk button" at a stoplight.

The "walk" button is actually a panic button, and Ferris is an astronaut-trainee in an isolation booth. He has been in the booth for 484 hours, and has been hallucinating the whole town.

"Up there, up there in the vastness of space, in the void that is sky, up there is an enemy known as isolation. It sits there in the stars waiting, waiting with the patience of eons, forever waiting... in the Twilight Zone."

Notes and corrected narrations courtesy of Twilight Zone Cafe Moderator, Matt Vandermast (aka "James B.W. Bevis")

Copyright © 1996-111 by John Crocker. All Rights Reserved.

1999-COBRA-6661

[S]pecial[V]ehicle[T]eam
Established Member
Yeah this is probably a case of them "having the money to build so why not do it now?" kind of deal. Plus them funding huge building projects like this employs people and strengthens their economy even more.

So the Goverment spends a bunch of money on building cities that no one is going to live in and somehow that will strengthen the economy. Someone call Obama, we have an answer.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
So the Goverment spends a bunch of money on building cities that no one is going to live in and somehow that will strengthen the economy. Someone call Obama, we have an answer.

lol, if you think it doesnt work, just look at similar things we did here to bring us out of the Great Depression. Public works like the Grand Coulee dam (Hoover dam), building giant skyscrapers just cause, and the Eisenhower freeway system.

Problem is, we dont have the money to fund said projects because were so freaking retarded in debt right now.

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
They could of used the money to help feed the millions that are starving in the country? Gnaw **** it lets build ghost cities... :shrug:

1999-COBRA-6661

[S]pecial[V]ehicle[T]eam
Established Member
lol, if you think it doesnt work, just look at similar things we did here to bring us out of the Great Depression. Public works like the Grand Coulee dam (Hoover dam), building giant skyscrapers just cause, and the Eisenhower freeway system.

Problem is, we dont have the money to fund said projects because were so freaking retarded in debt right now.

I see your point but the Hoover damn generates power that the government can sell, and all those skyscrapers and freeways we built didn't sit unused for decades. I agree with the guy that said all this is just to inflate Chinas GDP because logically this doesn't make sense, and most people are too dumb to notice or care.

canibus

Established Member
Watching the work the chinese do in the construction field in Socal, it scares me to think of how many corners were cut to build all those city's. Around here the chinese are taking the jobs even from the mexicans. The average bid from chinese shops is around 35% lower than mine. Past clients call me and tell me to match their price, because they've liked our work but don't want to pay our bid price. I encourage them to take the lower chinese bid and to call me when they need things fixed. Quite a few have done it and all but one has called me in to do repairs. On one occasion we had to demo the whole job and start over. They cut corners, ruin material and don't take time to align things properly. You get what you payed for.

Users who are viewing this thread