Choose a GT500 over the GT-R

boostingwild

Established Member
For my hands on a white GT500 and pick it up Wednesday. Thought long and hard about the GTR but decided against it because its auto and would get boring. I think it looks better than the GT500 , but I'm going to be happy with the drivers car instead.

I had a 2003 Cobra which I sold to a member here, and can't wait to rein terror again with the new "cobra".

So what are you guys seeing for times with stock GT500's?

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
Oh man I think GTR is way better car in every aspect but to each their own, I love 13's shelbys too! Is just that mod vs mod u can get a gtr to go faster. Btw, is that a galant vr4 on your avatar?

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Good choice in my opinion. The way a car sounds is a HUGE part of the fun factor for me. I don't like the sound of anything but a V8 (although I could probably enjoy the Subaru boxer 4cyl if I couldn't have a V8). Viper, GTR, Porsche, BMW M3's....no thanks, you can keep them all.

As for stock times, most people are getting 11.6-11.8 1/4 mile times, though we've had a couple guys run some awesome 11.2's and 11.3's on stock factory tires.

Congrats on your new ride. :beer:

lethal

Established Member
I just sold my 03 yesterday, going to drive it to the new owner tomorrow. I'm fearing leaving it, but the new GT500 will be here when I get back from Germany, so it won't be long =)

NELCO

Established Member
:banana::banana::beer::beer:You are gonna love your new GT 500...................Enjoy it and respect it. Congrats

BOD89LX

Established Member
Congrats on your 500 and both are great cars , GTR is easier to go fast in and doesn't want to kill you.....(LOL)

humilde

Established Member
For my hands on a white GT500 and pick it up Wednesday. Thought long and hard about the GTR but decided against it because its auto and would get boring. I think it looks better than the GT500 , but I'm going to be happy with the drivers car instead.

I had a 2003 Cobra which I sold to a member here, and can't wait to rein terror again with the new "cobra".

i did the same trade my 2009 gtr for a 2013 gt500,
gtr just was not for me , it doesnt need anything from the driver, extremly fast but bored as hell.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I just sold my 03 yesterday, going to drive it to the new owner tomorrow. I'm fearing leaving it, but the new GT500 will be here when I get back from Germany, so it won't be long =)
I sold mine when I went to the '13 GT500 as well. The 03 FEELS faster, the Shelby IS faster. :burnout:

boostingwild

Established Member
Oh man I think GTR is way better car in every aspect but to each their own, I love 13's shelbys too! Is just that mod vs mod u can get a gtr to go faster. Btw, is that a galant vr4 on your avatar?

Only GTR's in the same price range are 2009 and 2010 and the 09 are almost out of warranty and with bolt on these cars run 10's but anything after that requires trans mods and engine builds.

A blower injectors pumps and tune on gt500 and u got 900hp and 9's in 1/4

And yes that's my old VR4 number 1974 of 2000

lethal

Established Member
I sold mine when I went to the '13 GT500 as well. The 03 FEELS faster, the Shelby IS faster. :burnout:

Yeah, the 03 is an animal, but I'm ready for a change, 10 years... got 1/2 my money back on her, I put alot in, but she's going to a great home.

Will be nice to drive a Mustang every day again.

John

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member

hush! your opinion means squat here! :lol1:

Honestly its an opinion which is better, the GTR should be better for its price. Yet I find the shelby is better looking and more fun to drive. The GTR is easy to make fast and it is fast. But I am a muscle car guy so....

rancid

Established Member
Really confused when people stopped thinking 9's were fast but hey.. Yeah GTR's can run them too but so can a honda civic if you throw enough $ into them.

I bounced around between another z06 with all the bolt ons and maybe even a blower on top to a used GTR and ended up with the Shelby. At the end of the day unless you are a street racer that does it for big $, enjoy the car that can almost run 10's stock with a full warranty and don't think twice about your purchase decision.

Congrats on the purchase.

Black Thunder 715

Established Member

Somewhere I read that you can buy a stick shift GT-R normally sold in the Japan domestic market with the steering wheel on the right side but I could be wrong.

Van@RevanRacing

Basic Bolt on mods and a tune with some sticky tires and you can run 10's and even 9's with a 13/14 GT500.

You made the right choice and you're supporting America.

Users who are viewing this thread