Christmas Brembos

jsimmonstx

Established Member
I got a set of OEM Brembo calipers and powerstop rotor/pad kit for xmas. Painted everything last week and installed em yesterday!

Attachments

• brembos installed.jpg
    brembos installed.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 526

jsimmonstx

Established Member
looks great, im wanting to do the same thing next

Mine are OEM (new from Ford), air-brushed with G2 red caliper paint. The rotors are PowerStop (includes matching rear rotors), with the hats and fins painted with rattle-can VHT satin black. I also got splash shields and JM steel/teflon lines - spent $1060 all totaled.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Mine are OEM (new from Ford), air-brushed with G2 red caliper paint. The rotors are PowerStop (includes matching rear rotors), with the hats and fins painted with rattle-can VHT satin black. I also got splash shields and JM steel/teflon lines - spent $1060 all totaled.

Congratulations! And thanks for the clarification. I wasn't thinking that you painted the calipers red. They really look good, as do the rotors. Post a photo after they're installed.

jsimmonstx

Established Member
Congratulations! And thanks for the clarification. I wasn't thinking that you painted the calipers red. They really look good, as do the rotors. Post a photo after they're installed.

Yeah, they came gray with orange decals. Sanded them smooth and then air brushed 'em. Tires should be back on today. I went to bleed 'em and found out I was out of the right brake fluid (had Dot 5 and Dot3, but needed dot4).

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Looks good OP!

Is there a write up or video you watched before doing this? The calipers on my SRT need some touching up badly. Or if you have some pointers that would be great too, like where to buy the supplies/new decals and such?

jsimmonstx

Established Member
Looks good OP!

Is there a write up or video you watched before doing this? The calipers on my SRT need some touching up badly. Or if you have some pointers that would be great too, like where to buy the supplies/new decals and such?

You don't need this info because you have a dodge, but for the Ford guys, the calipers and splash shields came from Ford (prices are from Tousley Ford, and the parts are what are listed for a 2012 Boss 302):

Front Caliper, Left - BR3Z-2B121-B $267
Front Caliper, Right - BR3Z-2B120-B $247
Shield, Left - BR3Z-2K004-B $20
Shield, Left - BR3Z-2K004-B $20 (right and left shield are identical)

I used the Powerstop rotor/pad kit from American Muscle for a 2012 Boss 302 ($399)

Painting:

I bought G2 Red Caliper Paint for the calipers and air-brushed it on after smoothing the calipers out. I didn't want to mess up my expensive air brush, so I bought a $10 cheapie from Harbor Freight and used my small air compressor with it. I didn't dismantle the calipers - I simply masked off the inside and the brake bleeders and painted the shit out of the calipers.

I used rattle-can VHT satin black caliper paint for the rotors.

I've had the brakes off the car before, so doing it again was no big deal, but there are plenty of videos on youtube to show you how it's done.

Bleeding the brakes can be a one-one job if you have the right bleeder tools. I use a Motive Power Bleeder.

Before you buy any parts, make sure your wheels will clear I have some 18" GT500's from American Muscle and the clear with room to spare.

Attachments

• brembo_before_after.jpg
    brembo_before_after.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 254

Users who are viewing this thread