Chromed fuel rails.

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Did some tig welding. Made my own fuel rails for my very hairy looking nitrous system. This is just one piece of the puzzle. Everything is ether Powder coated, chromed, or polished. All AN lines. Should look killer when its done. Also run good. I have many pics that i'll be posting soon. Oh all the bolts were chromed also. :rockon:

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Here's the mock up of the nitrous system. Also a few pieces i polished. Pics are poor and they have a lot of hand prints and need cleaned before they go on. I still have some fittings coming so i can finish the AN lines. The nitrous in person really looks cool. All of the lines on fuel rails and nitrous are stainless steel polished hard lines. I'll have some pics of the system completed in a few days.

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
I guess it looks cool, way too busy for me

Yes some dont like spray. Wait till its done and then tell me what you think.

Holy hell....that thing looks like it's capable of starting a war. :eek:

It just might. Cant wait to see how it runs.

I like it man, can't wait to hear the results. :beer:

Me to. Been a lot of work. Took two months just to do the plumbing. Very tight fit. Its not like you put it where you want. You put it where you can. Three mock ups to get it right. Its still tight in some areas. Thanks All

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Here's some pics of intake bolts. I believe it cost 50 cents a bolt for chroming. They did a very nice job on everything. Intake and valve covers were powder coat what i call blue anodize. I had them match it up with an Earl's plumbing fitting. If tracking is correct. I should have intake and valve covers Friday. It'll take a couple of weeks to assemble it. Then we can see what it makes in HP.

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
You would only want to install those beauties once. Very nice.

Not trying to be a smart ass or anything. But if you tighten a bolt and the chrome comes off. Then you need to look for a new chromer. Ive used chrome bolts for years and never had a problem. These guys are supposed to be good. But its the first time Ive used-em.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
First time seeing the powder...looks nice. Glad it all turned out well from out here in Cali.

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Hmmm, maybe more aerodynamic ? That shit ain't gonna make you faster. Quite wasting your money lol :poke:

Well i hate just out running someone. I like looking good while i'm kicking their ass. I'm just hoping i got the part about kicking their ass right. LMAO I still have enough money. So were good.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
well chrome is not a hard metal just a plating. I have seen many chrome bolts chip and the installers had rags in the sockets trying not to hurt them. Might look good but who sees the engine unless you pop the hood. Me I never open my hood at the spot and might have something to do with those that race for money. All you can see is whats available and no hoods or trunks do we open.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Do you polish the intake yourself? Looks good. How many hours do you have in it?

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
well chrome is not a hard metal just a plating. I have seen many chrome bolts chip and the installers had rags in the sockets trying not to hurt them. Might look good but who sees the engine unless you pop the hood. Me I never open my hood at the spot and might have something to do with those that race for money. All you can see is whats available and no hoods or trunks do we open.

Its called. Taking pride in your work. Some have it and some don't. I got it bad. Always have and always will. The ones that don't. Hate the ones that do.

Users who are viewing this thread