Circle D - any questions??

Circle-D

Established Member
Chris I have a 2010 gt500 with a 4r70w with a Mach 1 converter (stalls about 2200rpm) . I don't lock it at the track because its a single disk. I like the everyday drivability of the tight converter what would you suggest?

Thx mike

Sounds like one of our 258mm will be a good choice if the stock 11" is working good for you. A little looser, but still drive great with your torque curve. Can you fill out an Ask Chris form with all your specs and I can help you out.

Chris

Snakenhorse

new svt poster
Established Member
Chris,

13 GT will probably get the Hellion twin turbo kit:

My Plan/goal with the car is:

7 psi for the street;
12-15 psi for the track:banana:

Car is my daily driver.

What is the right one for my setup? 2C? what stall speed, etc..?

Thank you!!

Circle-D

Established Member
Chris,

13 GT will probably get the Hellion twin turbo kit:

My Plan/goal with the car is:

7 psi for the street;
12-15 psi for the track:banana:

Car is my daily driver.

What is the right one for my setup? 2C? what stall speed, etc..?

Thank you!!

The 245mm 2C would be my choice for now, and work with the 12 pounds or a little more. If you have plans to really turn it up then you need to consider the 258mm.

Chris

Bad Intention

Established Member
I have been having my 3800 Stall in my car since Feb. 2011. Has worked great. Looking forward to see how it does with the F1-A and Upgraded trans next weekend.

calgarybandit

Established Member
And as an FYI, if any of you guys have a rattle issue and want to send it in, we will upgrade you to the new clutch pack at no charge.

What is an approximate ETA for return? Converter works great but I have that noise. I have the 6R80 Pro Series Stage III 245mm 4C how will this be with 10-11 PSI?

Last edited:

Circle-D

Established Member
What is an approximate ETA for return? Converter works great but I have that noise. I have the 6R80 Pro Series Stage III 245mm 4C how will this be with 10-11 PSI?

We can turn it in 2-3 days for you, plus shipping time. Would be happy to take care of it for you....

Chris

gottoast

Established Member
Chris you don't have a list of recommend places to have a converter installed? I'm in Buffalo NY and really don't want to have to take it to the dealer when I finally pull the trigger on a 4c

Thanks-

Circle-D

Established Member
Chris you don't have a list of recommend places to have a converter installed? I'm in Buffalo NY and really don't want to have to take it to the dealer when I finally pull the trigger on a 4c

Thanks-

That is a good idea.... No info for right now - but I will look into adding that to our site.

Chris

old_goat

Established Member
Chris, coming from the Pontiac world, I've used both a Vigilante (2005 GTO) and a Yank (2009 G8 GXP) both 3200 stalls. Both cost around $800 for the converter, do you have any good stalls that may be a little more 'wallet' friendly?

1Bad5.0

Established Member
Chris, ....having my 4C installed tomorrow on my NA car...Going to the track this weekend...should i leave off of an idle or footbreak the car....Thanks

Circle-D

Established Member
Chris, coming from the Pontiac world, I've used both a Vigilante (2005 GTO) and a Yank (2009 G8 GXP) both 3200 stalls. Both cost around $800 for the converter, do you have any good stalls that may be a little more 'wallet' friendly?

We do have the capability to do a single disk to save you some money, put you in line cost wise with the other single disk options you mentioned. From our testing we have seen a little more slip than we like under full load. If you are just a NA car with very little track use and minor bolts ons it will work. But it leaves you little growing room, which is why we typically suggest the multi disk.

Chris

Circle-D

Established Member
How does a stall work and what does it do?

Quick explanation... Puts you into the power band faster, no dead spot down low. With a factory converter you floor it form a dead stop and it flashes to ~2500 and you accelerate. With a stall, aka performance converter, you floor it and it flashes to ~3500 or what ever RPM converter you get and you start to accelerate. And you have more HP available at 3500 than you do at 2500, so you accelerate faster.

Hope that makes sense...

Chris

Circle-D

Established Member
Chris, ....having my 4C installed tomorrow on my NA car...Going to the track this weekend...should i leave off of an idle or footbreak the car....Thanks

Most are getting the best results with slightly loading the suspension, just above idle. But I suggest trying different approaches to see what works best with your reaction time and the car.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread