Circle D - any questions??

CharlieR

Established Member
Multi disk can have a little noise to them. Essentially the clutches will rattle when not locked up because of the tooth wear. We have revised our design and are now using a heat treated steel, they are much stronger now and have greatly reduced the side wear.

And as an FYI, if any of you guys have a rattle issue and want to send it in, we will upgrade you to the new clutch pack at no charge.

Chris

We can turn it in 2-3 days for you, plus shipping time. Would be happy to take care of it for you....

Chris
I have "the Rattle", had it as long as its been in. It doesn't bother me at all(sounds like a heat shield rattling). Is it a wear issue, will it be detrimental to the life of the converter? Been in for about 18 months and over 21000 miles now.

texican

Established Member
Ok I will be that guy, do we svtp members get a discount ?

Group buy!!

Chris, I've heard nothing but good things and can't wait to get in on this. From what I hear, your customer service and knowledge are exceptional, look forward to doing business with you.

calgarybandit

Established Member
I have "the Rattle", had it as long as its been in. It doesn't bother me at all(sounds like a heat shield rattling). Is it a wear issue, will it be detrimental to the life of the converter? Been in for about 18 months and over 21000 miles now.

I would like to hear your opinion also Chris on this.

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
I will be contacting you tomorrow Chris about the rattle. Our shop car has had your converter in it for quite some time, and it rattles its ass off. I commend you for replacing/fixing this issue, it speaks volumes.

Nothing worse than having our car at a race/event and people asking "What in the hell is than jangling, clanking, rattling noise under the car" Then having to say, it's the Circle-D converter! lol

Steve, John's red car rattled it's ass off too.... I had a 10 minute discussion with him about it when he let the car run for like 2 hours to burn that fuel out (NMRA)

Last edited:

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
My converter is in for the rattle fix right now. Chris asked if I wanted a restall while it was apart but I think it'll be fine as is.

VERY stand-up of them to do this, excellent service!

RMoore92

Established Member
Ordered mine on the 15th and can't wait to get installed when it arrives Thursday :)

I had a Circle D converter in my Lightning and pulled 1.60' in a 4800 pound pick up truck. Chris really gets you moving and his stuff is bullet proof. Highly recommend him and his customer service is top notch!!

Circle-D

Established Member
Thanks guys for all the kudos... and while I wish the rattle problem was not there as much as you do - we are glad to take care of it for y'all. As far as damage, it does put off a very tiny amount of metal, but over a very long time. So the filter will pick it up. We have never had any other damage done from one.

Chris

Circle-D

Established Member
No plans for a group buy right now, it's race season and we are slammed. But maybe when it slows down some....

Chris

on3performance

Multi disk can have a little noise to them. Essentially the clutches will rattle when not locked up because of the tooth wear. We have revised our design and are now using a heat treated steel, they are much stronger now and have greatly reduced the side wear.

And as an FYI, if any of you guys have a rattle issue and want to send it in, we will upgrade you to the new clutch pack at no charge.

Chris

thats awesome, I know when I go through my engine Ill take you up on that.

Users who are viewing this thread