Circle D - any questions??

Circle-D

Established Member
Letting you guys know we are now a sponsor here... so hope to answer any questions you might have. You can always contact me with an email or phone call. The 6R80 converters are working very well and we always welcome feedback. And greatly appreciate all the support over the past few years!!

713-895-8834

Chris

Last edited:

Vic2186

Established Member
245mm and 258mm what's the diffrence and what will you recommend for boost? Paxton..

stang910

Established Member
I had plans to buy one and then was told they rattle pretty bad. Can you or someone else post a video of inside and outside of the car? I drive my car everyday and don't want to put up with anything like that, I'd rather keep the stock converter. What causes it to rattle?

grnenvy

Established Member
Hmm

Clutch disk or plates. That would drive me crazy.

I had plans to buy one and then was told they rattle pretty bad. Can you or someone else post a video of inside and outside of the car? I drive my car everyday and don't want to put up with anything like that, I'd rather keep the stock converter. What causes it to rattle?

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
Chris spoke to you briefly on the phone recently....setup is gonna be centri blower paxton 2200 with one of your converters...you mentiioned a 2C....ill be running 15psi max and more then likely for now 12-13psi to see how that goes...i guestimate the car shoukd lay down around 620 or so through the Auto setup....what converter setup do you reccomend for me...thx

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

I have had no rattle out of my Circle D.

Chris spoke to you briefly on the phone recently....setup is gonna be centri blower paxton 2200 with one of your converters...you mentiioned a 2C....ill be running 15psi max and more then likely for now 12-13psi to see how that goes...i guestimate the car shoukd lay down around 620 or so through the Auto setup....what converter setup do you reccomend for me...thx

The 2c will probably be the way to go at that power level. Same thing Chris has in my car.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
I can agree with Terry on this, Never herd rattle out of them.

These guys make one of the baddest converter's that are ran in the stock coyote trans.

Welcome Chris

Circle-D

Established Member
245mm and 258mm what's the diffrence and what will you recommend for boost? Paxton..

245mm is better for NA, centrifugal SC or low boost PD blowers or turbos.

258mm is better for big power PD blowers or turbos.

There is not a one size fits all... Really depends on your goals, driving habits and setup. Always a good idea to give me a call or shoot me an email to go over your specs.

Chris

Circle-D

Established Member

Multi disk can have a little noise to them. Essentially the clutches will rattle when not locked up because of the tooth wear. We have revised our design and are now using a heat treated steel, they are much stronger now and have greatly reduced the side wear.

And as an FYI, if any of you guys have a rattle issue and want to send it in, we will upgrade you to the new clutch pack at no charge.

Chris

Circle-D

Established Member

The 245mm 2C works very well with the centrifugal blowers. I have a few guys running the 3C or 4C with lower boots levels and frequent the track a lot. But with 15 pounds I think the 2C is the right choice.

Chris

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
Chris one last question but do you have these ready to ship in various variety or do you make them once ordered....if not do you supply any vendors that may keep a few in stock? thanks.

Circle-D

Established Member
Chris one last question but do you have these ready to ship in various variety or do you make them once ordered....if not do you supply any vendors that may keep a few in stock? thanks.

Nothing in stock, sorry. We stay about a week. But if you need one fast... we can expedite one for you. I don't think any vendors stock them, just order as needed.

Chris

Charisma

Established Member
Bolt on car looking to go low 11's, any suggestions on which? I drive the car daily, stop and go traffic as well as 180+ mile road trips to my beach house.

wheelin

Established Member
Chris I have a 2010 gt500 with a 4r70w with a Mach 1 converter (stalls about 2200rpm) . I don't lock it at the track because its a single disk. I like the everyday drivability of the tight converter what would you suggest?

Thx mike

Circle-D

Established Member
Bolt on car looking to go low 11's, any suggestions on which? I drive the car daily, stop and go traffic as well as 180+ mile road trips to my beach house.

I really like the 245mm 4C, about a 3600-3800 flash. A lot of NA guys use this and they say it drives very nice just cruising. And you will have lock up for the long road trips, so no worries there. Could step down to our 2C, about a 3200-3400 flash, but street manors are not that much different. My vote is 245mm 4C!!

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread