Circle D Converter Installed

CharlieR

Established Member
i have a 2c circle d. i love it for the track but i Hate the way it drives on the street in town. on the highway its fine because its locked up.
now that its getting warmer out and i dont like to go to the track in the texas heat i will probably put my stock converter back in.
Don't give up on it. Get with your tuner & play with it my 3800 stall works like stock around town.

Anyone else having issues like stretch? How's the street in town driving? Does the mini van next to you at the light think you're trying race him?
No issues at all. In town street driving is like stock(had the Circle D for 21,000+ miles now). Of course he does I always/only race mini vans. :shrug: :dw::lol:

I hate gulfport too even though I do like king of the hill. I mostly run at scr but usually on tnt days. Let me know what it runs. I made end up at Npr next Friday.
I also Hate Gulfport. It almost never hooks and when it does they don't let me run anymore. :rollseyes Someone must "like" it though I've been on a KOTH Wednesday night and was one of 300+ cars all paying 20 bucks to try to win 50 and a trophy. :shrug:

Need4Speed03

Established Member
I'm curious as to how a high stall converter can act like stock driving around town. I mean mechanically its gotta have some differences. Can a tuner have the converter lock up at light part throttle for daily driving and then when you mat it the converter flashes? I've read from many people how it is not like stock and can be somewhat annoying.

All my experience with high stall converters have been non-lockup converters and they are no were near like stock.

When your at a light and the light turns green and you give it gas in a converter car does the engine rev higher then a car with a stock converter before the car starts to move?

Last edited:

CharlieR

Established Member
I'm curious as to how a high stall converter can act like stock driving around town. I mean mechanically its gotta have some differences. Can a tuner have the converter lock up at light part throttle for daily driving and then when you mat it the converter flashes? I've read from many people how it is not like stock and can be somewhat annoying.

All my experience with high stall converters have been non-lockup converters and they are no were near like stock.

When your at a light and the light turns green and you give it gas in a converter car does the engine rev higher then a car with a stock converter before the car starts to move?
I didn't tune it I just drive it. This is my 1st auto and the only reason I got a converter was for the flash to keep from spraying at low RPM's. But no, I touch the gas and the car moves, can't feel the slipping(I know it does because if you mat it it jumps way up to 4k and then spins the tires). Parked on a hill and it may take a split second before it goes but not really noticeable. I've let people use my car and they love it most can't tell it has any thing done to it(The ones that can I know they stepped on it :lol:).

N20JUNKY

Established Member
I think there are going to be a few 10 sec bolt on rides here pretty soon as I'm going for it aswell. Circle d 5c, boss IM, stock cold air, long tubes, full exhaust, 3.73 soon to be 3.31's, CJ springs, metco lowers upper and IC brackets, dss 1pc driveshaft, bmr anti-rollbar, and weld rt-s's. Only weight reduction is the wheels/tires, driveshaft, front swaybar, and spare tire.

Need4Speed03

Established Member
I didn't tune it I just drive it. This is my 1st auto and the only reason I got a converter was for the flash to keep from spraying at low RPM's. But no, I touch the gas and the car moves, can't feel the slipping(I know it does because if you mat it it jumps way up to 4k and then spins the tires). Parked on a hill and it may take a split second before it goes but not really noticeable. I've let people use my car and they love it most can't tell it has any thing done to it(The ones that can I know they stepped on it :lol:).

Thanks for the reply. Just trying to understand how it works and what tuners can do to have it act like stock.

CharlieR

Established Member
Thanks for the reply. Just trying to understand how it works and what tuners can do to have it act like stock.
Anytime. I don't know how it's done, I felt like you and didn't think it could be done but my candle wax rods had me too scared to spray below 3000 rpm and it took forever to get to 3k at the track before the N2O would come on. So I got the converter and :rolling:

04compgt

Established Member
I think there are going to be a few 10 sec bolt on rides here pretty soon as I'm going for it aswell. Circle d 5c, boss IM, stock cold air, long tubes, full exhaust, 3.73 soon to be 3.31's, CJ springs, metco lowers upper and IC brackets, dss 1pc driveshaft, bmr anti-rollbar, and weld rt-s's. Only weight reduction is the wheels/tires, driveshaft, front swaybar, and spare tire.

Hopefully all 3 of us :)

nordy racer

Established Member
i have a 3c sitting here in my room, i'm just waiting for my long tubes to come in so i can install everything at once.
i went with the 3c because its right in the middle for my N/A set im running, and once i save some more cash up it will be great with a blower.

i cant wait to get that 3c in the car :)

t01lightning

Established Member
So what are the differences in 2c, 3c, 4c, and 5c. Is it higher stall speed? I read 2c is for a blower 4c is not so really I am still lost on the differences.

1Bad5.0

Established Member
Difference is the stall.....2c being the lowest and 5 c being the highest...I have a 4C it's 3600-3700 stall

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
You will want the transmission settings altered to work better with the new converter. It slips more, compensation settings are required for better city mpg and drive ability.

kingcobra323

Established Member
I love my 3c my car. Went from 1.94 to 1.79 on bias ply et streets 26 11.5 17s. And I was spinning. Can't wait for my drag radials. To really get 60fts down

Posted via Topify on Android

Users who are viewing this thread