CJ / PMAS TB fit

KF2KZ

Any advice on getting a Cobra Jet PMAS CAI on a VMP Twin 67 TB? It's a ridiculous tight fit, the silicone band is moving all around, and I've tried various ways but it's just not going on properly. I've used a bit of dish soap to lube it, I've tried working it with a very small screwdriver to help work it on, but given the angle to work with (and leverage needed) it just isn't going well. I don't think trying to take the whole TB off and trying to attach it on a workbench is the right answer. I'm also a bit leary of using some heat on the PMAS to give it enough stretch.

Last option is taking a dremmel to shave a bit of material off the inside of the PMAS lip to enlarge it, but before doing that I'd like to see what others have done so any advice is appreciated...

96gt02

Established Member
You should just get a better CAI like the Dmark or Rev Auto, PMAS is all internet hype anyway and fits and looks like garbage.

cobra1718

Established Member
Don’t know what car you have but on my 14 gt500 I have the PMAS and the vmp twin 67 with no issues. Maybe you buy another silicone band from someone?

96gt02

Established Member
^ He said he has a 5.0 with cobra jet intake manifold, very different than the gt500 intake.

KF2KZ

Until I exhaust all options with the Pmas that forces me to switch to a different brand, I know others have this combo so there has to be a way. Yes it's a 14 GT with cobra jet.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Heat gun and use all the muscles mom gave you to stretch that intake tube. I had to go through this mess with my mono-blade.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I'm running the pmas 120 on my TVS with VMP Twin 67mm. At first I didn't think the supplied couplers would work but with a little manipulation we got them to slide on. As you can see in the picture it's stretched quite a bit and took some force to get it in.
72204be157810f3276557067212a2c70.jpg

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

96gt02

Established Member
Other then the throttle bodies being the same, the Cobra Jet and GT500 PMAS CAIs are completely different and of no help in this case.

MCBigDog

Established Member
Chamfer the opening on the PMAS. I used a little lube, then put the silicone band half on the TB and half in the PMAS. With the PMAS warm (I left it on the driveway in the sun for a while) I was able to work it on the TB. The shoulder on the TB stopped the silicone band but I still had to work some of it in the PMAS with a small screwdriver. Good luck.

KF2KZ

Thanks MCBigDog, I took the dremel to chamfer and grind out a little material all the way around the PMAS lip, and with an extra pair of hands and that small screwdriver it finally popped on to my satisfaction. What a PITA...

Stang Lover

Established Member
I'll know in a few days when mine comes in. My buddies had no issues with fitment and they picked up some power as well.

noldevin

Established Member
The pmas is not garbage or internet hype, it's the only intake we can get that is actually computer modeled for airflow, and the flow bench tests back it up.
That being said, it doesn't fit well with the twin 67 tb due to the larger actuator, and you may need a piece of coupler hose to get it on there. With the coupler it's actually fairly easy.

Stang Lover

Established Member
Put mine on Friday and everything went smooth. Car runs smoother overall and could tell a difference in the pull in the 8K range.

Users who are viewing this thread