CJPP Installs Corbeau FX1 Seats and Harnesses :: Video Included

Steve@CJPP

The FX1 Seat from Corbeau combines comfort, performance, and safety at an absolutely unbeatable price. If you enjoy racing and want a practical and affordable shell seat, the FX1 is perfect. It features ultimate lateral support with well-defined thigh, kidney, and shoulder bolsters that will reduce the amount of driver fatigue and enhance the overall driving experience. It also has a seat back brace, anti-slip cloth and microsuede fabrics, aluminum side mounts, and harness capability.

The first step to installation is to remove both the passenger and driver's side seats. The Corbeau Harness Bar mounts to the two seat belt bolts on the v-pillar on both sides. Remove the bolt and slide it through the harness bar opening, then return it to its location. Then, remove the lower seat belt bolts and install the bracket for the harness bar and the metal support bars.

You'll want to secure your Corbeau seat to its seat track, along with connecting the belt. Next, install the shoulder harnesses to the harness bar and you're ready to return your seat to inside the car. Total installation of seat, harness bar and harness takes around three hours.

Corbeau Seat Belt Harness Bar 1994-2004:
SBHB Mustang Corbeau Seat Belt Harness Bar Coupe 1994-2004 | CJ Pony Parts

See more Corbeau Mustang Parts from CJ Pony Parts:
Corbeau | CJ Pony Parts

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
Another well done video. Why did you reinstall the factory belts? It doesn't look like they would fit very well with the tall bolsters on the new seats even if you wanted to use them. I can only guess that maybe it's a liability thing?

SVO 85

Established Member
I like that you can use both belts. Harnesses suck at ATM's and drive-throughs but are really nice at the track.

steeda21

Mr. T
Established Member
whats the difference in seat height?

Ive been hesitant to switch to something like this because it always looked like you would sit really low compared to the stock cobra seats. (i have a 4inch cowl hood, reason why i ask)

imflyinbiya

Established Member
Any other feedback on height? I am not interested in raising the seat height, I need it lower by as much as possible. I am tall and want to drop down as much as I can. Thanks

2003 Cobra BTW.

Users who are viewing this thread