cleaning leather seat

UWISSSH

Underground 93 Guru
Established Member
I used lexol cleaner to clean the whole seat and used a toothbrush for the cracks. Then followed up with lexol conditioner, they look great! I have pics of the seat half clean, world of difference. I'll have to get a photobucket account or something so I can post them on here.

St8-E

Established Member
Just got some Lexol cleaner and conditioner to use...I was always so leery on scrubbing these seats since they are SO hard to replace...I will try a toothbrush with the cleaner, I too have some dirty cracks in the leather...

UWISSSH

Underground 93 Guru
Established Member
here's pics I took halfway in the cleaning process.

IMG_0084.gif

DSC03883.gif

Followed the instructions on the lexol bottles. Used a white terry wash cloth to apply the liquids. Did pretty much everything but remove the cracks themselves, lol. Yes, they were very dirty to start with, I just bought the car back from the guy that bought it from me 7 years ago and he obviously never bothered to clean it, lol. At least he never drove it either.

This was one application, from what i've read on other boards they will get cleaner after several applications. Can't vouch for that yet though.

Last edited:

Blaine@PSI

Established Member
beleive it or not i used simple greeen and it seems to work the best for cleaning. it will even clean the thread. followed up with a good conditioner and they look great now. i used Zaino leather conditioner once and used some stuff that BMW gave us for leather the next time both did a good job but eh zaino had a leather scent to it.

BHAM

Established Member
plus 1 for the simple green, its cheap, you can find it everywhere and it works better than anything ive ever used. i work with interior guys who refurbish high end merc. bmw, infiniti cars and thats what they all use......good luck

TFStang

Established Member
+1 for Lexol. Seems to work pretty well, although I may have to try the Simple Green to see what that's all about.

UWISSSH

Underground 93 Guru
Established Member
Isn't Simple Green just a cleaning product? I was about to question using it on leather seats but then I remembered that our seats are just pleather anyways right, lol?

Still like st8-e said these seats are hard to replace being a one year only color. I really didn't scrub hard on the cracks since I knew they hadn't been cleaned/conditioned in a long time. After a few conditionings I would think they'll soften up more and I can probably clean the cracks a little better but not worth risking ripping them up at this time. I'm not sure how durable these things are.

WillyB93

Established Member
There has been several threads about replacement seat leather actually matching the existing colors. They have been on here and 1993cobra.com

St8-E

Established Member
There has been several threads about replacement seat leather actually matching the existing colors. They have been on here and 1993cobra.com

yes there is leather that is CLOSE to the opal, but not exactly, therefore if you do mess one of the seats up, you would have to reupholster ALL of the seats for it to match right...a pretty costly mistake...

Users who are viewing this thread