Clear Bra

Frostbit3

Established Member
I did some searching on our particular section couldnt find anything particular, sorry if this has been covered. Ive never had a 3m or any other brand name clear bra on my vehicle. Can people who have them chime in?

I have several concerns, after time some discoloration, the overall look of the painted pieces not covered to the ones covered in the bra, and the look of it, is it mostly up to the installer or does it look different all together.

Last bit here, which parts are you getting done, the entire hood or part of it etc. Thank Guys I'm a total noob on clear bra. :burn:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
XPEL ultimate here
Entire front section of the car.
Cant even tell its there

Frostbit3

Established Member
I just set up an appt with the xpel dealer that came recommended by half the state. Doing full hood minus stripes, front bumper, headlights, fogs, mirrors, fenders, impact trunk area, apillars. Basically I wanted all areas the xpel could be hidden i dont want the line or anything like that. From all the pictures i saw of this guys work its amazing looking, not to mention the stratch test video looked unreal!

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
Pricing varies greatly.

Thats in part due to the fact that some shops have their own cutting machines. They buy the rolls, and then a machine stencil cuts the material to the correct shape from some program. I know the shops that have to pay for the pre cut sections pay substantially more than those who cut it themselves.

Mine is getting done right this moment.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
They did my matte stripes too. They have to use a different film to keep the shine from showing.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Does anyone here have an itemized invoice for their film or was it all calculated as a package?

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I paid $1800 for entire front as in hood,
Front end, front fenders, mirrors, lower rockers,
And rear rockers.
Yea it's a lot of money, but at least I know my
Paint is protected

big500

Established Member
If you go to Xpel's website they have pricing for the gt500. My Ziebart dealer said that the price you see on Xpel's website includes the installation. Obviously it varies who you go to. At least it can give you a ballpark.

Frostbit3

Established Member
Just an update, pricing for mine for full hood with matte Xpel for stripes, headlights, fogs, mirrors, front bumper, front fenders and trunk area is 1350$. I had him qoute me for Rear fenders which includes the A pillars 1300$ the doors and rocker with matte for bottom stripe is 1100$ and the roof of the car with matte for stripes is 300$. Thats about the entire car minus the back bumper bottom half. Ill be doing it all over time starting next saturday with the first bit i mentioned. I went by his place and he was doing a Tesla S in black, you literally couldnt tell this thing had been completely wrapped it was amazing. From the pricing ive seen around this guy is in the middle somewhere. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
Yep, thats about right.

Mine was priced out at over 2k, but I didnt do the roof or the upper doors, just stripes down.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
There are some much less expensive ways to go now days. There are some new players in the game with spray on clear bras. The technology is getting good... You can have it sprayed on for a few hundred and it last about 1-2 years....it comes off so much easier too. It stays pretty clear, but hell for that price you could peel it and redo it many times compared so others.... I know a new one is Halo EFX. I also saw armorall and 3m make dyi kits... Not sure how they are. But that Halo EFX is the one that lasts, its on my car now.

Last edited:

Frostbit3

Established Member
There are some much less expensive ways to go now days. There are some new players in the game with spray on clear bras. The technology is getting good... You can have it sprayed on for a few hundred and it last about 1-2 years....it comes off so much easier too. It stays pretty clear, but hell for that price you could peel it and redo it many times compared so others.... I know a new one is Halo EFX. I also saw armorall and 3m make dyi kits... Not sure how they are. But that Halo EFX is the one that lasts, its on my car now.

Halo EFX doesnt have a website that I could find and looking on their facebook looks like it comes in matte colors only. Im going with Xpel because its proven and lasts literally forever if cared for and can easily be taken off to.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Where did you get your HaloEFX done?

Halo EFX doesnt have a website that I could find and looking on their facebook looks like it comes in matte colors only. Im going with Xpel because its proven and lasts literally forever if cared for and can easily be taken off to.

Sorry guys, I talked to my friend that did it for me and he told me Halo EFX is not officially available to the public yet. They have been working with some paint shops in the wholesale market 1st... I am happy with it so when it comes available I would highly recomend it.

nhs156

Established Member
If you go to Xpel's website they have pricing for the gt500. My Ziebart dealer said that the price you see on Xpel's website includes the installation. Obviously it varies who you go to. At least it can give you a ballpark.

XPEL website pricing is for the product only. However, some installers are willing to do the install at XPEL's parts-only price. In my personal experience the best installers charge extra for install and will be able to install without bubbles, without causing stretch marks in the film and with rolling the edges which is important for edge protection. So be sure to research installers and not just products.

Also, I'd highly recommend XPEL Ultimate - it's what you'll find on most high end cars. Had 3m on an earlier car which yellowed and resulted in an orange peel effect. They may have improved, but I'm sticking with XPEL. Recently had a stone chip dent the reinforced front part of my hood - it scratched the film a bit but didn't penetrate the film.

Users who are viewing this thread