Clear Bra

nhs156

Established Member
Those with stripes, am I to understand they clear the painted portion of the hood but do NOT clear the stripes?

Tom

Xpel kits come with and without cut outs for stripes. Some choose to have a matte film put on over matte stripes (you don't want the regular film on matte stripes as it will make them look shiny). I simply chose to not cover the stripes.

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
So, just got the car back. Im gonna share a couple things with you guys-

1. It took a lot longer because it turned out that xpel covering exposed a problem with the car. There are microscopic specks in the paint on the car. You can't see them really, but when you run your finger over them, its like tiny particles of dirt or dust in the paint. Since the covering goes over these, they are exaggerated by the covering, and look like tiny pin head sized bubbles. My detailer replaced the front bumper 4 times thinking he had bad rolls of covering.
On detailer forums, this is a known issue with Ford's new paint procedure, and Ford is now running the vehicles through an extra step using tiny cameras to spot the blemishes before they leave the area. (According to the detail forum he checked.)

2. I can't tell in the sun, or natural light, just under his special lighting, unless you look really really close. The point of the Clearbra was to protect the car, and if that's the cost of having protection, that's fine.

3. When I got home, right before I snapped this picture, I was able to wipe off bug splatter and these white impact spots with my finger like it was never there. Much easier to clean.

4. Now the picture- I had the whole front of the car done, only the stripes and plastic trim is not covered. (Hood vents and front splitter). I also had the rocker panels and lower doors up to the bottom stripe done.

Me? I couldn't be happier.

Can't speak to the costs. Mine was a special deal, but would have cost me over 2k. I traded for some other work, so to speak.:thumbsup:

Frostbit3

Established Member
Outstanding my appointment is soon I'm excited. Your car looks awesome you can't tell at all. I'm glad to hear its easy to clean and its self healing.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Has anyone heard of or used PFT Films out of Northern Virginia? I have been in contact with them and the gentleman I have been talking with via email seems very informative and helpful.

Their price is roughly $1,000 installed with taxes and will travel to my home to install the film. Their website shows a pretty impressive assortment of cars and excellent reviews and testimonials.

The gentleman recommended the "complete package" which consisted of hood (up to the vent), bumper, mirrors, a pillar, roof line, rocker panels, and stealth film over the stripes.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
LOL I need me one of these fandangled clear bras.

20130826_181303_zpsbfcde600.jpg

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
Yes you do!

That is what happened to my 2008, and my 2011, and I swore never again.

Thanks Frost! Show it off when you get it done!

Users who are viewing this thread