Clerk Shoots Thug Cause He Punched Him In The Face At Gas Station

Digital

Established Member
This is a fairly serious toss up. On the one hand the guy was obviously hit first. But you cannot provoke someone into hitting you and then shoot them. A jury could very easily find that the clerk had more then ample ability to avoid the situation.
I'm sure there would be an argument to be made that he was recently shot and was afraid for his life but if you were recently shot and now have a gun why would you open a locked door and then get in the face of someone who's angry?
Not to say you can go around sucker punching people who get in your face but a case can just as easily made that the black guy was defending himself because the clerk came outside, got in his face, and had a gun.

o2k

Noob
Established Member
I think it was justified. Isn't it illegal to lock the door while customers are inside? Maybe some of the customers wanted to leave so he had to open the door for them.

no i don't think its illegal to lock the door.. someone has to be at the door I think to let them out when they leave.

bumplime

Established Member
So when he is released from the hospital (if he lives) will they arrest him on a charge of assault? They should IMO. Problem is, now he knows he can't punch worth shit, lived after being shot...he will start packing and feeling like more of a badass.

It's too bad that the community members who support the shooter don't come out and have their own march showing the support

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Ohh sit..dat white boy gots a gun...oopps
:lol1:

Should not have brought a fist to a gun fight.

Last edited:

SVTKen

Established Member
I don't think he should shoot the guy for sucker punching him. It's not right to shoot someone over an altercation like that. If it escalated further and he continued to attack the guy with the gun, I would say it was justified. I think the clerk should have never opened the door in the first place. After the clerk was punched, he should have punched back. I've seen people get sucker punched and turn around and open up a can of whoop ass. That's what he should have done. From a legal perspective, I believe the guy with the gun may have a problem and he has some explaining to do.

Last edited:

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
This community appears to lack the ability to reflect on their own actions and the consequences that come with them.

If you are willing to punch someone in their face then you better be prepared to retaliate.

yenko boy

Established Member
I don't think he should shoot the guy for sucker punching him. It's not right to shoot someone over an altercation like that. If it escalated further and he continued to attack the guy with the gun, I would say it was justified. I think the clerk should have never opened the door in the first place. After the clerk was punched, he should have punched back. I've seen people get sucker punched and turn around and open up a can of whoop ass. That's what he should have done. From a legal perspective, I believe the guy with the gun may have a problem and he has some explaining to do.

+1 If i get punched in the face im not gonna shoot someone as pissed as I would be. Then again I would have never opened the door and also called the police if the guy didn't leave asap. I don't believe you should shoot someone unless your life is threatened and that punch was not life threatening.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
My question is this. So the clerk came to the door with the gun already drawn? And the dude still punches him?

SVTKen

Established Member
My question is this. So the clerk came to the door with the gun already drawn? And the dude still punches him?

I watched the video very closely and it appears that he did have the gun to his side where the thug may not have seen it. If he did see the gun, the thug is a complete moron. The thug punches like a girl LOL. If you're going to act like a gangster, you better be able to back up your actions. I would have retaliated by punching the a-hole thug in his eye.

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I watched the video very closely and it appears that he did have the gun to his side where the thug may not have seen it. If he did see the gun, the thug is a complete moron. The thug punches like a girl LOL. If you're going to act like a gangster, you better be able to back up your actions. I would have retaliated by punching the a-hole thug in his eye.

This is kinda what I was getting at, if you swing on a dude you know is holding a gun you better knock him out. If you don't, well.....:lol1:

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
It was nice of all those protesters to take a day off work and let their voice be heard. lol, But seriously, where is the accountability? My Dad certainly would be wanting to kick my ass for acting like that instead of protesting. But that's probably why I turned out just a little better than that idiot. The clerk should have unloaded on him.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Well, if that guy lives through this, I'm pretty sure he won't be sucker punching anyone again

Yes he will. I grew up with people like this. Ruthless and think everything is fun and games.

You hit a guy standing there holding a gun, you should expect to get shot. He assault and battered. Self defense. Easy case, but the PR bandwagon will play it's role on the jury.

Users who are viewing this thread