clutch cable not flush (Pics inside)

jkeyz

No Standards
Established Member
Thanks guys, yea there isnt much room left for adjustment when the cable stretches more. Maybe I should have went with the double or triple hook. I read great reviews about the quick release though.

jkeyz

No Standards
Established Member
But still, does anyone have any tips on how to pull the friggen cable through that bracket to take up some slack. It has those collar stays on each end of the bracket making it damn near impossible. I tried lubing it and prying it with a screwdriver, got underneath the car and pulled it. The mother****er is like trying to pull anne frank out of a closet

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
I would just deal with that if/when it comes up. I've been running mine a year with no issues and no adjustment. Just do the hose trick so it won't go out of adjustment and call it a day for now. I've also noticed different clutches will give you a different adjustment. My centerforce didn't require me to unscrew it nearly as much.

stangy2004

Established Member
But still, does anyone have any tips on how to pull the friggen cable through that bracket to take up some slack. It has those collar stays on each end of the bracket making it damn near impossible. I tried lubing it and prying it with a screwdriver, got underneath the car and pulled it. The mother****er is like trying to pull anne frank out of a closet
What bracket is it that you cant get the cable threw.

keith89

Established Member
Thanks guys, yea there isnt much room left for adjustment when the cable stretches more. Maybe I should have went with the double or triple hook. I read great reviews about the quick release though.

something is wrong here. I have the same setup. stock cable, fiore firewall adjuster, steeda quick release quadrant(red with only 1 hook), and ldc freeplay mod. My firewall adjuster is nowhere near that far out.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
something is wrong here. I have the same setup. stock cable, fiore firewall adjuster, steeda quick release quadrant(red with only 1 hook), and ldc freeplay mod. My firewall adjuster is nowhere near that far out.

You have a steeda quadrant.... we all have the fiore quadrant

keith89

Established Member
You have a steeda quadrant.... we all have the fiore quadrant

oh thought they were the same(ie. one of the parts Steeda copied). I find it strange that the design of the fiore quadrant would be so off that there would be very little adjustment left.

Last edited:

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
I have both. With the steeda triple hook my quadrant is all the way in, with the fiore it's all the way out. You can adjust this with a pivot ball, but that does involve dropping the transmission. So far the most popular setup I am seeing is a steeda quadrant and a fiore firewall adjustor. Every case I've seen we're fiore is used as both the adjustor and the quadrant leads to an adjustor that is really far out. I have no clue why but I was going to give fiore a call today

edit: I also think it has to do with the clutch. Just out of curiosity Keith, what clutch do you have?

Last edited:

keith89

Established Member
I have both. With the steeda triple hook my quadrant is all the way in, with the fiore it's all the way out. You can adjust this with a pivot ball, but that does involve dropping the transmission. So far the most popular setup I am seeing is a steeda quadrant and a fiore firewall adjustor. Every case I've seen we're fiore is used as both the adjustor and the quadrant leads to an adjustor that is really far out. I have no clue why but I was going to give fiore a call today

edit: I also think it has to do with the clutch. Just out of curiosity Keith, what clutch do you have?

I have a spec 3+. I had a spec 2+ prior and it was in about the same adjustment range. I believe lethal sells the steeda quick release quadrant and fiore firewall adjuster as a set as well.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Here, just took these right now. Even the second hook will take away quite a bit of the slack. It looks like almost a quarter inch, which is a pretty big difference. The third hook (closest to the driver) would probably put my quadrant against the wall. I believe the steeda single hook is right where this second hook is.

96c230df.jpg

And overlapping.

e4a5f7aa.jpg

Mine sits as far out as the op. I'm going to install the other quadrant and see what happens. That might be the answer.

Last edited:

jkeyz

No Standards
Established Member
Wow thanks for clearing alot of that up. Im going to do the hose trick this weekend, and possibly add some washers between the cable and adjuster to bring the adjuster in some.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Wow thanks for clearing alot of that up. Im going to do the hose trick this weekend, and possibly add some washers between the cable and adjuster to bring the adjuster in some.

I had to run and get some 1/2" heater hose myself. I didn't get that spacer (or didn't see it) with my kit, so I'm going to get everything installed soon and I will post how it changed. I forgot to take a before picture, but it literally looked like yours....sadly, I think it took my TOB with it :bash:

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Another couple quick pics. For comparison, the adjustor was touching the valve cover before just like the OP's. In this picture it was actually adjusted out a couple clicks too far and I brought it in a touch....it's still not much better, but did go in about a 1/4 inch so it'll give me some adjustability. I do have a cheap aftermarket chinese clutch (not my doing, it was the previous owners) that I plan on swapping out next summer for a twin disc.

e535a965.jpg

45a0d6e8.jpg

OP, I would just get a different quadrant. Either that or drop the transmission and get an adjustable pivot ball on there, but that was way more work than I wanted to do this morning :rolling:

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Another couple quick pics. For comparison, the adjustor was touching the valve cover before just like the OP's. In this picture it was actually adjusted out a couple clicks too far and I brought it in a touch....it's still not much better, but did go in about a 1/4 inch so it'll give me some adjustability. I do have a cheap aftermarket chinese clutch (not my doing, it was the previous owners) that I plan on swapping out next summer for a twin disc.

e535a965.jpg

45a0d6e8.jpg

OP, I would just get a different quadrant. Either that or drop the transmission and get an adjustable pivot ball on there, but that was way more work than I wanted to do this morning :rolling:

I too have Fiore quadrant and adjuster, mine is far out as well and looks just like these pictures.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
What clutch?

Promotion custom rated to 550hp. My firewall adjuster is probably out a bit more than your pictures. I have about 700 miles on this setup so far and really like it.

TRBO VNM

I usually use the UPR triple hook and fiore adjuster. I have done a couple of the promotion quadrants and there isn't much difference in the adjuster location when using either of UPR or promotion. I do like the pedal effort with the promotion though.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I usually use the UPR triple hook and fiore adjuster. I have done a couple of the promotion quadrants and there isn't much difference in the adjuster location when using either of UPR or promotion. I do like the pedal effort with the promotion though.

+1 on the pedal effort!

jkeyz

No Standards
Established Member
I have the promotion clutch also, I didnt think this thread would turn out this interesting but Im glad alot of questions got answered, and will help others in the future with all the pics and such. Thanks guys, for now I will get some heater hose. I dropped the tranny once and I dont want to do it again until I need a new clutch haha. Wish I had a lift. My TOB started ticking after a week of driving without a proper adjustment. I rigged up a freeplay spring kit with stuff from lowes and it got rid of the ticking.

Users who are viewing this thread