clutch cable not flush (Pics inside)

topfueldart

Established Member
Anyone verify the difference in adjuster height by switching to a triple hook or something? I'd really like to see a series of pictures with multiple quadrants to compare the differences.

I just installed my Promotion clutch, and now I can't get the pedal high enough, my UPR adjuster is touching the valve cover, I have a stock cable and an unknown single hook style quadrant. With the stock clutch it way out but I could get the pedal fairly high, but now with the new clutch it's way too low. Any ideas?

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
My pics didn't work? I can get you more if you wish. Switching to a triple hood quadrant fixed everything for me....

itzl0l

Angry Bald Man
Established Member
maximum motorsports makes a little clutch cable spacer. It was included with my clutch cable when i got it from them. The cable spacer is very similar to the throttle cable spacers/mods out that that take up slack in the thottle cable.

With the clutch cable spacer in there my adjuster is about halfway out and has a TON of clearence from the valve cover.

topfueldart

Established Member
maximum motorsports makes a little clutch cable spacer. It was included with my clutch cable when i got it from them. The cable spacer is very similar to the throttle cable spacers/mods out that that take up slack in the thottle cable.

With the clutch cable spacer in there my adjuster is about halfway out and has a TON of clearence from the valve cover.

THIS!!! Thanks a bunch, I do believe this would fix my issue along with most others whose adjuster is against the valve cover

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/content/install/pdf/drivetrain_clutch/MMCL-17.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread