clutch cable not flush (Pics inside)

jkeyz

No Standards
Established Member
hey guys, has anyone had this issue? I recently installed my fiore firewall adjuster and steeda quick release quadrant. As you can see from the pics the clutch cable will not sit flush against the adjuster and is allowing a lot of movement which I believe has been the cause of my clutch constantly falling out of proper adjustment. Also as you can see I am near the furthest point of the firewall adjuster with still a half inch of dead clutch pedal. I tried pulling the cable through the coupling-like bracket, near the bottom of the battery. I tried loosening slack on the two little collars at the ends of that bracket with a screw driver with no success I cant get the cable to straighten. Is this normal and me just being a perfectionist? or has anyone had this experience? Thanks

IMG_20120806_183714.jpg

IMG_20120806_183612.jpg

IMG_20120806_183600.jpg

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
Looks&sounds loose tight it up to get rid of the slack.there should be 2-4lbs pressure on the fork.I also replaced that thin clear hose pice in the adjuster with a small pice of black heater hose.Straight right out

stangy2004

Established Member
That looks like the stock cable to me. I just put a stock cable back in mine and i had to put a sleeve in the adjuster so it wouldn't do what yours is.

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
That looks like the stock cable to me. I just put a stock cable back in mine and i had to put a sleeve in the adjuster so it wouldn't do what yours is.

That's what I'll end up doing for my dads cobra, then again I think his is a aftermarket cable... I replaced the clutch in my bros gt and used the adjuster/quadrant op talked about and haven't had any issues

jkeyz

No Standards
Established Member
yes its the stock cable with 27k miles on it, how did you slide the cable through the bracket? mine wont budge for shit.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
as i recall, the id of the adjuster is much bigger than the cable shaft (after you remove the stock bushing). that is why mm and others i have seen include sort of like a short plastic tube which makes it sit in there correctly.

mine didn't come with one, so i just cut away the stock large rubber bushing until it fit in there tight.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Try going under that car and routeing it better so that its not so pushed high. Mine hugs the valve cover a bit more than that.

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member

jkeyz

No Standards
Established Member
Use a double or triple hook quadrant and your firewall adjuster won't be adjusted out so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so is having the adjuster this far out normal for the single hook quick release quadrant?

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
so is having the adjuster this far out normal for the single hook quick release quadrant?

Mine is pretty much there as well. The fix with the heater hose should allow you to bring it in a touch, but yeah, mine is pretty far out too. I have the fiore firewall adjustor and the quadrant. The fiore quadrant only has one hook.

03sm3341

Established Member
Mine is pretty much there as well. The fix with the heater hose should allow you to bring it in a touch, but yeah, mine is pretty far out too. I have the fiore firewall adjustor and the quadrant. The fiore quadrant only has one hook.

Mine looks just like the OP's pics too. I also have all fiore products.

Users who are viewing this thread