Clutch is on its way out at the track!!

trey193

Established Member
Ran in the 11.40's tonight and also had some new best mph's 99.43 in the 1/8 and 122.67 in the 1/4, with a best of 1.77 60 ft, the clutch was slipping bad on the 2-3 shift and on the 3-4, need to be looking for a clutch this winter, really disappointed in the track prep @ Beech Bend to end this year, the track simply wasnt there as before. I am done for this year bests et's are 11.38 1/4 & 7.28 1/8 and mph's 99.43 1/8 & 122.65 1/4. Thanks Rick @ Amazon for the tune my car was strongest on your tune!

wuplash

Established Member
congrats on the new best trap's trey your car is hauling now.i just need to get my tune tweaked a little bit plus more seat time at the track and i will join ya in the 11 sec club:beer:

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Congrats on the new best trey.....that sucks about your clutch.

Your car finally ran the mph youve been lookin for, probably had an easy 11.2x pass in it with a 1.6 60ft, they are just hard to come by sometimes, especially with bad track prep at beech bend. The more I talk to my buddy they have had problems down there also.

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
Great times Trey, simply amazing MPH for your mods!! Sorry to hear about the track prep and clutch. I'm not surprised about that clutch though ;)

Jerry

tommygun

Established Member
nice runs there trey

are you ready for WFC7? get your rooms fast, Im staying at the same hotell

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Wowzers, sweet times. A lot of us are looking for clutches as well but not many seem to be able to handle the power and stay streetable. Then of course if they do grab we have to worry about the input shaft snapping. I persoannly am going to be following clutch threads close, supposedly Spec has a new 3 unit(some letter designation after it) specially designed for us. If it works I will likely be using one with a new 26 spline input shaft.

trey193

Established Member
Yeah I finally got the 1/4 mph I was looking for, at the beginning of the year my goals were 11.40anything and 122traps and I got them both but it didnt come easy, many many tunes. At this moment I can add nothing else to make more power without swapping blowers and I need a new clutch, I would like to go faster next year but not sure if it in my budget at the moment so I will most likely be keeping my eyes on the clutch threads as well, just seems everyone has had so many problems with the ones that are out there! So who knows!

trey193

Established Member
Oh yeah and I got to give props to the Billetflow 100mm idler, I was on a kick for a while that my car ran better without the idler , track mph's said otherwise all best mph's including the trip to the track before this one when the weather was still warm the passes with the idler the car went faster mph, apples to apples no combo changes. I beleive all 2.80 cars should have an idler a 2.93 car its a tossup!!
Tommy we will all be at that hotel again as well, should be a good one, you gonna repeat or what?:)

VENOMOUS03COBRA

Established Member
wow trey , very impressive!!! you definately have a strong running car there and you definately know how to get it down the track good!!! congradulations bro!!! :beer:

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Originally posted by trey193
Ran in the 11.40's tonight and also had some new best mph's 99.43 in the 1/8 and 122.67 in the 1/4, with a best of 1.77 60 ft, the clutch was slipping bad on the 2-3 shift and on the 3-4, need to be looking for a clutch this winter, really disappointed in the track prep @ Beech Bend to end this year, the track simply wasnt there as before. I am done for this year bests et's are 11.38 1/4 & 7.28 1/8 and mph's 99.43 1/8 & 122.65 1/4. Thanks Rick @ Amazon for the tune my car was strongest on your tune!

Trey, congrats bro :beer: You've been the most consistent performer all year.

Have u decided on a clutch? I'm waiting for results on the McLeod twin disk.

trey193

Established Member
Thanks everyone for the kind words and Franco let me know how you like the Mcleod when you get it broke in and such.

hj16

Established Member
Congrats on the new bests Trey. 99.4mph is absolutely hauling in the 1/8th. I hope to see you crack off a 100+1/8th with just the 2.80:thumbsup:

2kbill

Established Member
Trey,

Franco's right, you have made consistent, steady improvement all year and finish off at the top of the heap! Not at all surprised that your clutch is toast. Plenty of time now to fix that.

Congrats! :beer: :beer:

trey193

Established Member
Yeah my 1/8mph's are crazy I know my car goes through 1-2&3 so quick I dont even look at the tach, on the BFG's the car is a handful, the car has alot of ET left but not on this clutch or these tires, with some ET streets, a better clutch and some track prep the sky is the limit!

Users who are viewing this thread