Clutch Pedal Getting Hard

03yellow

Established Member
I've had several clutches put in my cobra. Replaced with factory cable and put new retainer sleeve on a couple of the changes. After 15,000 miles or so the foot pedal starts to get harder to push down.
I have the twin disk now and the pedal is starting to get harder to push in; about 20,000 miles. Cable is fine and no chirping from Tob.
Last clutch change: ram hdx single disk the tob sleeve look good the cable was fine. The clutch was disk was warn down: the fingers on the plate looked ok.
What do you think makes it harder to push the pedal down?

realm187

Vaporized
Established Member
I had that problem once, and my issue was the pressure plate fingers. Mine appeared to look just fine but it gave the same issue with it being very stiff. Changed it and problem was gone. Might not be problem, but something you might look at. =)

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
OP,
Please post entire clutch component mods, such as:
TOB, Sleeve, Firewall adjuster, Clutch Quadrant, Cable, etc...

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I am thinking the throw out bearing sleeve has dried out. Or just does not have enough grease on it.

However I would also disconnect the fork from the cable and test the cable and pedal movement to verify it is still nice and free.

03yellow

Established Member
Finally found my post, wouldn't show up on iPhone after moved here.
Ram twin disk, ford tob, ford sleeve replaced with this clutch, ford cable, fedenza or steeda firewall adjuster, steeda triple hook quad.
Unhooked the cable at the clutch; everything is smooth and easy to move.
OP,
Please post entire clutch component mods, such as:
TOB, Sleeve, Firewall adjuster, Clutch Quadrant, Cable, etc...

03yellow

Established Member
Running twin disk. This might not be fun or cheap.
I had that problem once, and my issue was the pressure plate fingers. Mine appeared to look just fine but it gave the same issue with it being very stiff. Changed it and problem was gone. Might not be problem, but something you might look at. =)

Users who are viewing this thread