clutch?

Red Venum

Established Member
I'm looking to up grade my clutch since my trans just broke also. So my question is, is spec clutches junk for these mt82? I know McLeod makes a very good one but I live 20 minutes from where they make them in Bessemer. I heard they where junk for these transmissions. What you're alls thoughts? Thanks

busarich

Established Member
I have a exedy mach 700 stage four. it is a puck clutch. I will not be going with exedy again.

bmyles

Established Member
I am running the rst it's fine but it has it's quirks. Well worth not having the clutch bind up on me all the same and getting lock out of gear.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Idle/neutral rattle is the biggest one. It's minor in the rst, but it is there

nosscort

Established Member
I have the spec 3+ and the pedal is stiff, it's like an on/off switch and I love it at the track but hate it street driving.

REDNIGHTMARE

Established Member
I'm looking to up grade my clutch since my trans just broke also. So my question is, is spec clutches junk for these mt82? I know McLeod makes a very good one but I live 20 minutes from where they make them in Bessemer. I heard they where junk for these transmissions. What you're alls thoughts? Thanks

I have the Mcleod RXT and love it. No complaints. Softer than stock feel. Does make the ratchety sound at low rpm's but who is ever at low rpms? :beer:

ajpturbo

Established Member
Idle/neutral rattle is the biggest one. It's minor in the rst, but it is there

This^ and it makes some noise around 1800~2000 rpm which I am told is normal for the twin disc.

I have the Mcleod RXT and love it. No complaints. Softer than stock feel. Does make the ratchety sound at low rpm's but who is ever at low rpms? :beer:

Where is five.slow? So much noise with the RST...Well I guess all these people have it installed incorrectly also....Don't think so

five.slow says you suck at driving if your twin disc makes noise.

Last edited:

SCalla1384

Established Member
I'd go RST if it's a not a strip car. RXT if you plan on launching with slicks.

I don't have expeirience with it , but I've heard people in the cobra community saying they've glazed RST's with track passes. So don't know how much truth there is to it.

But I'd recommend a twin disc for these cars

hopony

Established Member
Where is five.slow? So much noise with the RST...Well I guess all these people have it installed incorrectly also....Don't think so

five.slow says you suck at driving if your twin disc makes noise.

I agree. I went with the ram twin and it only makes noise if you leave it in gear when coming to a stop.

S197OnSpray

Established Member
The ACT T2S-F05 is a nice piece. A twin disk clutch with lightened steel flywheel, pilot bearing, and alignment tool for about $1100. It holds 950+ ft\lbs and has a very close to stock pedal feel, the T1S has a lighter than stock pedal feel but only holds around 850 ft\lbs. The ACT twin disks have very very little noise to them, I have one and it's a stout piece. Can't go wrong with the Mcleod twins either, real nice pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread