Cobra in accident

chitowncobra

Established Member
Hello and Happy holidays to everyone. My question to anyone who can recommend a after market company who sells body parts for my 03 sonic blue, I was in a accident the other day and was rear-ended, the person that hit has good insurance, I was just informed by the body I took it to, they can't OEM parts obviously because of the year being 2003. bumper, deck lid, tail lights etc. Any information would be appreciated thanks
20201213_131329.jpeg
20201213_131309.jpeg
20201214_135106.jpeg
20201214_135129.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
That sux sorry to hear smh. That was always my fear with my Buick Grand National and its one of the reasons I sold it to be honest cause I knew how hard it would be to find replacements.

CJ Pony Parts has some pieces u will need and there are plenty of places of Ebay that do as well.
Trufiber has some really nice stuff. If I was u id be sending them links from the Trufiber site if insurance is paying.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Probably going to need the rear crash bar and stryofoam under the bumper pad too, I would pull the bumper pas and have a look at what else os damaged

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Oh man that sucks sorry to see that. If that dbag that hit you was on their phone I’m impressed that you didn’t strangle them. I’d go for used oem parts if it was me

Tunedprt91

Established Member
Any used oem trunk lid will work and tail lights will work. OEM used bumpers do pop up too so it shouldn't be too hard to find what need to get her back on the road.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
The spoiler could easily be repaired. Have to buy a 3rd brake light which sucks. Decklid isn't cobra specific. But by the time you are done, might be cheaper just the find a whole 03-04 decklid setup. I would definitely looked for used OEM stuff though.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Used OEM is the smart way to go, but time is not on your side. Sorry to hear about the collision, and hope that everything works out for you.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I'd only use OEM replacements. There are a number of people that part these out and sell these parts regularly.. I'll reach out to the few I know and see if anyone has anything in stock.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Oh man! That sucks! Check with Midway Mustang, they are Mustang recyclers and you can get OEM parts that are used. Make their insurance pay top dollar. I wonder if they will pay a premium for the fact that your car will lose value now that it has a incident on the title?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread