cobra pricing?

Sn95Snake

Established Member
I say 15-16 is a fair price, but 17 isn't unrealistic. I sold my 04 OW coupe with 99,xxx miles on it for 17.5k the same day I listed it. If I would have waited I am confident I could have gotten 18-20.

Kline12

Bagged and Terminated.
Established Member
Zemedici and venemousdsg beat me to it before I logged back on and saw the response, but it already is a collector car. As Zemedici said, it's an 10-14 year old car (depending on production dates) and is fetching 20k plus regularly with mileage. That's crazy to me (in a good way). As other cobras continue to be wrecked, stolen, gaining lots of miles every day, etc... those who keep them tucked away in garages under cover with 2,000 miles on the clock are just going to continue to rise in value. It's just a fact. Value is determined 90% by market, and the market/desire for these cars have and will always be high.

No guarantee it will be a collector car.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Zemedici and venemousdsg beat me to it before I logged back on and saw the response, but it already is a collector car. As Zemedici said, it's an 10-14 year old car (depending on production dates) and is fetching 20k plus regularly with mileage. That's crazy to me (in a good way). As other cobras continue to be wrecked, stolen, gaining lots of miles every day, etc... those who keep them tucked away in garages under cover with 2,000 miles on the clock are just going to continue to rise in value. It's just a fact. Value is determined 90% by market, and the market/desire for these cars have and will always be high.
None of us can say anything will always be the case. Many cars rise & fall & fall & rise.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i have a buddy who was looking to sell his 10th anniversary TR coupe with about 40k miles. he is in orange county. my opinion was that he should be looking to sell it in the $22k range.

nxhappy

Established Member

I agree. The car is already 14 years old. In 5-10 years it's gonna be real hard to find a Termi that has been molested or has low mileage. Hell, even the clean foxbodys are fetching 7-10k. I have been watching the Termi for years and the prices are not falling, which is a good sign. And that's all we can ask for considering most cars lose 30 percent within the first 5 years.

nxhappy

Established Member
i have a buddy who was looking to sell his 10th anniversary TR coupe with about 40k miles. he is in orange county. my opinion was that he should be looking to sell it in the $22k range.
yeah, 22k doesn't seem far off, from what I am seeing now

nxhappy

Established Member
I say 15-16 is a fair price, but 17 isn't unrealistic. I sold my 04 OW coupe with 99,xxx miles on it for 17.5k the same day I listed it. If I would have waited I am confident I could have gotten 18-20.
damn, that was a great sale for you!

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
Supply and demand. Look at the prices of 99/01s which there were less made and apparently have much less demand based on the prices I see.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
I was offered 24.5K by a member on here over summer for my Cobra with 40K miles. I ultimately couldn't swing selling it so I kept it, and I believe he bought another members car.

Like it or not, it is what it is. Just like 67 GT500s fetch hundreds of thousands of dollars. The 03/04 cobras paved the way for the modern sports cars with supercharged factory engines. They were the first to do so, iconic, and standout vehicles. Those are the type of cars that become collectors.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
15977232_10208488159746759_3905821878648478694_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread