cobra pricing?

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I was offered 24.5K by a member on here over summer for my Cobra with 40K miles. I ultimately couldn't swing selling it so I kept it, and I believe he bought another members car.

Like it or not, it is what it is. Just like 67 GT500s fetch hundreds of thousands of dollars. The 03/04 cobras paved the way for the modern sports cars with supercharged factory engines. They were the first to do so, iconic, and standout vehicles. Those are the type of cars that become collectors.
Yup and not all cobras will get to that level. because of the 03/04, nobody ever looks at the 99 and 01. I mean who would?

trxcobra

Established Member
I would guess ~$15.5k for what the OP is looking for. Maybe less if you take advantage of winter pricing in certain parts of the country

That said, I don't see much more downside for 03/04 cobra pricing, unless we enter a recession or something. There will always be a demand for those cars, and over time the younger generation who loved them growing up will want to pick one up as they reach adulthood and have money to play with.

Might take another decade or so, but the prices will eventually start to rise from the current state. Same thing is going on with the MKIV prices over the past few years. Each year they become less attainable and more expensive. Most of the guys I know with nice ones are holding onto them knowing that the value will only go up. I may be biased, but I think/hope they will be worth big bucks one day!

nxhappy

Established Member
i found one that needs some paint work no body damage...70k miles clean title ....what do you think that is worth?

Zemedici

Established Member
Supply and demand. Look at the prices of 99/01s which there were less made and apparently have much less demand based on the prices I see.

As a gearhead, When you can buy a supercharged version, why would you pay attention to the NA?

nxhappy

Established Member
How bad is the necessary paint work? And what year? Coupe or vert? Color?
couple of sun spots and chipped paint, might be easier/cheaper to spray the whole car ....03 torch red vert....might be able to get it for 14500-15k carfax is clean

Zemedici

Established Member
couple of sun spots and chipped paint, might be easier/cheaper to spray the whole car ....03 torch red vert....might be able to get it for 14500-15k carfax is clean

I'd want it lower than that, needing paint + being a vert.

bssmith1220

Established Member
geese verts are the devil huh? lol
I used to think that until I bought one for the first time. Although at my age I wanted a car my kids thought was fun to ride in, not just the fastest available.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
whats a good deal for a 03 vert 55k miles?
Depends a lot on color, sonic blue will pull the most money for 03. But I would 16 to 17k is a good deal, I had a father and son offer me 24k for my cobra. It's seriously stupid how much money the 03/04 cobras pull in AZ.

Nukem1040

Established Member
This. Not to mention even less NICE ones.....hence the higher prices for NICE cars.

Its hilarious to me that people complain about the prices of things they do not own......either shut up or buy one. :D

X3, my exact thoughts/feelings.

nxhappy

Established Member
Depends a lot on color, sonic blue will pull the most money for 03. But I would 16 to 17k is a good deal, I had a father and son offer me 24k for my cobra. It's seriously stupid how much money the 03/04 cobras pull in AZ.
I saw one in AZ for 17.7k looks pretty tempting, it's red

Users who are viewing this thread