cobra R hood

maoun

Established Member
thanks for the info man..

now my only problem is that i'd have to ship it to him in texas and then he'd ship it out here..

wonder if just any shop can do the cutting.

Code Yellow

Established Member
Originally posted by maoun
thanks for the info man..

now my only problem is that i'd have to ship it to him in texas and then he'd ship it out here..

wonder if just any shop can do the cutting.

Not a problem, just be positive on who you decide to cut your hood and you have the up most confidence in them. It took me about 6-8 months to decide on the shop for mine and that's after I had laid out the ground work for the hood. :beer:

Code Yellow

Established Member
Originally posted by maoun
was it the first time they had done the cut?

Yes, this was the first 00R hood that James at MPH CW worked on so it's what I would call a prototype or hybird. I've seen some of his other work on fiberglass and Cobra's from our club and I was very happy.
I hope this helps since I know how scary cutting up your expensive hood can be. I was almost tempted to pick up my hood before they started working on because I was terrified it would not turn out the way I wanted.
If your not in a hurry, check around and see if there is anyone else locally you might feel comfortable with before you make any decisions since there is a lot at stake.

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
Hey ya'll. Yes the company I work with out here in Mi makes the Functional hood displayed. The weight on the hood is as stated above at 32.1lbs. Much less then the cervinis or FRPP unit. Were able to get less weight with as much strength because we use an autoclave process which increases atmospheric pressure to make the resin bond better. Or thats what our engineer told me.

The panel underneath the hood can be removed to allow for functional heat extraction or installed to prevent water from getting in the engine bay.
We've been running a special of $375.00 to SVTOA owners.

In the next week we have two more versions of the hood coming out as well. A Fiberglass/CF bottom half is Fiberglass and the top half is CF. This hood will serve as the Performer and looker hood. the weight on this unit is around 24lbs, 23 less the cervinis or FRPP. and will also have the CF look for those racers whom want the extra bling :p
We have a full CF Cobra R 2K version coming out as well meant for the pure racer and will come in at around 14lbs.
The Fiberglass/CF hood is going to be around 600.00 each and the pure CF version is going to be around 1K.
All these hoods are fully finished require no prep, use stock hood locking mechanism or you can use hood pins and bolt right on.
We've had pretty good response from owners on the boards whom like the option of the functional hood. Especially people trying to run Autocross on hot days out west.

NPI in the next week or so will start offering financing so if you want that hood or anything else.. heck get 6-12 no payments no interest!

Website is driving me coo-coo, I'm ready to hire someone to come do this.
more pics can be seen here: http://www.nichepi.com/cobrar2khood
other owner vehicles can be seen here
http://www.nichepi.com/cobrar2khood/customer_vehicles

Last edited:

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
Per request of many people, plus one owner whom has paid to reproduce one based off of the NPI functional. If we came up with 10 of the ram air function hood above, anyone be interested?

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
I just have to add, as a fan of the R hood, the yellow cobra (Code Yellow's Car) Looks awesome. If I was replacing a hood, I would go for it.

Wow.

Code Yellow

Established Member
Originally posted by 351MachOne
I just have to add, as a fan of the R hood, the yellow cobra (Code Yellow's Car) Looks awesome. If I was replacing a hood, I would go for it.

Wow.

Thanks 351MachOne! I appreciate your comment! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread