cobra R hood

Spotless 10th

Established Member
‘Code Yelow’ the hood looks awsome. Has there been any under hood temp tests done between yours and stock(modded) hood? I know Ford did testing on pacement of extractors for best bennefit with getting air through coolers, heat extracter, and radiator and out from under hood.

Code Yellow

Established Member
Originally posted by Dip Stick
‘Code Yelow’ the hood looks awsome. Has there been any under hood temp tests done between yours and stock(modded) hood? I know Ford did testing on pacement of extractors for best bennefit with getting air through coolers, heat extracter, and radiator and out from under hood.

Thanks Dip Stick, I was worried about how the scoop was going to turn out but I'm very happy. I have yet to complete a temp test but I'm sure it works well since I can see the heat rise from the S/C via the extractors when I'm at a stop... and the scoop helps by pushing cooler air in.

JSHTROD

Established Member
***Word to the Wise***

There's a scammer that lurks around the internet message boards looking for deposits on non-existant hoods. I remember several threads a while back on Corral.net where one poster was trying to take deposits and claimed to be a business. Indeed, he was not and most of his info was fake.

I do not know or accuse stang99svt of being this guy. Although his m.o. seems to be similar.

Before buying ANY hood from ANY company, make sure you check them out. Especially when buying fiberglass.

:)

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
I agree on the statment that when buying stuff over the internet to make sure the company is established. Tahts why I think paypal is very good for internet buyers. Most the time a bank account needs to be verified before using. Plus you have some security in it as well.

Last edited:

JSHTROD

Established Member
Originally posted by stang99svt
I agree on the statment that when buying stuff over the internet to make sure the company is established. Tahts why I think paypal is very good for internet buyers. Most the time a bank account needs to be verified before using. Plus you have some security in it as well.

Anybody can get a "verified paypal" account. It's by NO means a certification for a non-scam.

:lol:

A simple test is IF they take credit cards. Why is THIS a test? Well... first off your CC company will back if you indeed it IS a scam. Also, if they've had problems with unhappy clients in the past they won't be able to secure a processing agreement.

Of course, there is no failsafe. Although a CC company will stand behind their client, paypal doesn't stand behind anything. Just visit paypalsucks.com and read up. NO consumer protection.

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
That is a good point. ISome one was complaining about paypal over something on the corral or over here a few days ago.
But its much easier for a consumer to purchase something then turn around and say the never got it or it was faulty in some way and get it reimbursed, then it is for the seller to rip off the consumer. So at least on these boards I think its easier for the buyer to get away with more then the seller.

maoun

Established Member
that's not a very reassuring thing to read david. your e-mail address is at nichepi.com . you do work for them, right?

what's the deal man....

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
completesetup1.jpg

Just so we on the same page this looks like all that Kenny Brown stuff I sold:). I sold them, Ripped everyone off, and still maintained a 100% Positive user rating. Excellent....

Last edited:

maoun

Established Member
yup, clearly kenny brown, looks like junk....oh wait, was that out loud?

hehehe, just kiddin guys!!!

we know how much i love griggs, right?

m.

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
Hey I'll admit that for solid axle vehicles Griggs and MM is the way to go. If you have a IRS, Kenny is definitly a great deal further in R&D and product development then the other companies.
I personally like many of the parts from MM. But I've had some good results (in my opinion) from the KB stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread