Cobra R Meet, May 21-22, Autobahn IL

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Well,

I figured I might as well start a dedicated thread on this one since it sounds like we are trying to converge on this meet. :pepper:

Mark,

A few quick questions.

1) Are we going to be allowed to stay overnight?

2) Shower facilities?

3) Is there any way we can get on-track any on Friday? Something like a track-sponsored test and tune afternoon.

4) Since this is svtoa-national, can you still get us an R run group?

5) Do we need to be a member of svtoa-national?

When the registration info is available, please post it.

Pending the arrival of my son in February and all being OK, this looks very likely. I will already by in St. Louis for a family event May 19 anyway. So, Chi-town will be a short hop down the road Friday morning. :burnout: :rolling: :banana:

Tom

kevin

tom,

i can't proffer an answer on any but #5.

step 1. it depends on who you know and how much of the proper liquid payment you can ply.

step 2. additional liquid payment may be needed to buy off those who know of step 1.

:rockon: :beer:

93SVTCobra

Established Member
tomshep said:
Well,

I figured I might as well start a dedicated thread on this one since it sounds like we are trying to converge on this meet. :pepper:

Mark,

A few quick questions.

1) Are we going to be allowed to stay overnight?

Not sure, I'll find out. My guess is probably not.
2) Shower facilities?
See #1
3) Is there any way we can get on-track any on Friday? Something like a track-sponsored test and tune afternoon.
See #1
4) Since this is svtoa-national, can you still get us an R run group?

Assuming we have enough Cobra R's sign up I'll take care of it. We will need 15-20 to get our own run group.
5) Do we need to be a member of svtoa-national?

You mean your not? :nono: It's not a problem but you may pay more.
When the registration info is available, please post it.

Will do!

Pending the arrival of my son in February and all being OK, this looks very likely. I will already by in St. Louis for a family event May 19 anyway. So, Chi-town will be a short hop down the road Friday morning. :burnout: :rolling: :banana:

Tom

EXCELLENT NEWS!!!

We are going to have a few magazines on hand so it would be cool to get as many Cobra R's as we can to attend! I better NOT be the only 93 Cobra R in attendance this year! For those Cobra R's that aren't into the open track stuff we are going to have a Cobra R class in the car show so hopefully we have something for everyone. Larry, Steve, anyone?

Would anyone be interested in drag racing?

Brian - Can you make this a sticky? I bet you can!!! :poke:

Last edited:

93SVTCobra

Established Member
The event is open to anyone. We usually get 3-4 Contours and around 5 Foci in attendance. In addition to the regular SVT On-Track event we are incorporating a Cobra R meet.

Cobra-R

Established Member
What would be funnier than a bunch of open trackers making idiots of themselves on a drag strip??? Count me in on a Cobra R bracket race. :)

Brian

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Cobra-R said:
What would be funnier than a bunch of open trackers making idiots of themselves on a drag strip??? Count me in on a Cobra R bracket race. :)
Brian

we're still waiting for the tow vehicle drag race that never was :poke: :rollseyes

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Cobra R Man said:
I wish I had a big enough trailer to bring both of mine :shrug: :rockon:
ditto! :rockon:

I'm undecided which I'll bring....maybe I'll coax a buddy of mine who builds and races karts to trailer out the hacker 95R.... :poke:

Users who are viewing this thread