Cobra R Meet, May 21-22, Autobahn IL

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
tomshep said:
1) Are we going to be allowed to stay overnight?

3) Is there any way we can get on-track any on Friday? Something like a track-sponsored test and tune afternoon.

When the registration info is available, please post it.

I was also wondering about overnight at the track. It's saves a little money for tires, and (most important) it is a great opportunity to socialize with others. You get to have a cold beverage (and maybe a grill-cooked burger) and explain to anyone who will listen why you are not running faster. When I started doing this, I always got a hotel room and sat around all evening watching the weather channel. I started staying at the tracks a few years ago and will never get a room again (when staying is allowed). Gene and Dean can vouch for fun actitvities at HSR overnites.

I'd pay extra if they need some revenue to open the facility on Friday. If not, I'd hope they would allow early registration and parking on Friday (it's not much fun doing that Saturday morning with a on-track time looming closeby). I think extending the two day event may help pull in some guys that have long distances to travel (sorta like the 40th at Nashville last year).

Drag racing? Is there a quarter mile track nearby? It may be fun as long as it isn't an eighth-mile. :shrug:

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
Terry Moenich said:
Gene, This time I'm Lucky, Autobahn is 45 minutes from my house, My wife or a friend will drive my 93R

Terry,

You are lucky, I thought you were luckier, and had a stacker trailer. I'll have a bit of luck, also, with my racer friend living 15min. away. He said he and his wife would be insulted if I didn't stay with them. Who am I to insult anyone, right. BTW, he told me the track is great.

Terry Moenich

Established Member
You can sleep in then!! I have been thinking about a stacker trailer. Extra garage space and no Real Estate taxes!!!!!

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Mark,

Over on the "White Knuckles" thread Kevin posted the SVTOA national schedule and the dates for AB are May 20-22.

So, what is happening on the 20th? Can we get on track? :idea:

Tom

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
93SVTCobra said:
We will be doing tech on Friday and I'm trying to see if I can get Friday as an open tracking day.

Awesome?!? Can we bring some old tires to burn up and test our drifting skills?!?! ;-)

I also would be interested in overnight camping even if it involved a fee. I think I have almost as much fun socializing in the evening as I do on track? (Ok maybe not quite, but close!!)

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread