Cobra R2K CF hood ready

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
Ok here are the opening pics of the lightweight Carbon Fiber Cobra R 2000 FHE hood.
Unit weighs 24lbs as expected. That’s 24lbs of the stock hoods.
Hood comes with the usual NPI stuff. Full functional hood with removable underside panel.
As I know were crossing towards ricer appearance here, the hood can be fully painted. Unit has a reinforced under latch for stock locking mechanism.
To cold and crappy at the moment to put the hood on the vehicle.

High High High res version:
Hi Res Cobra hood 1
High res Cobra Hood 2
High Res Cobra Hood 3

Low Res versions:
Low Res Cobra Hood 1
Low Res Cobra Hood 2
Low res Cobra Hood 3
cfhood3_low.jpg

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I am impressed. That's a sweet looking hood. Did you buy one? If so, I can't wait to see pics after installation.

kaboom

Yea it's a 03 now shut up
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
I am impressed. That's a sweet looking hood. Did you buy one? If so, I can't wait to see pics after installation.
same here just resize them.:sleeping:

jumpinjackflash

Established Member
Originally posted by stang99svt

Unit weighs 24lbs as expected. That’s 24lbs of the stock hoods.

Does the stock hood weigh 48 lbs? Seems heavier than that. Please confirm this for me.

Thanks,

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
Our weighing's of the 99 and 01 hoods came up from 48-50lbs. Liner makes a small diference. All I know is the weigh a ton and this new cf version you can almost pick up with one hand.

jumpinjackflash

Established Member
Originally posted by stang99svt
Our weighing's of the 99 and 01 hoods came up from 48-50lbs. Liner makes a small diference. All I know is the weigh a ton and this new cf version you can almost pick up with one hand.

Thanks.

The CF looks great!

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
Ya I plan on painting the prototype but leaving some strips of open CF so you can see the materials.

Last edited:

Voice of Reason

Established Member
In picture 2 it looks like some of the CF around the openings is wavy. Is the surface itself wavy or is it completely smooth and formed the right way and it's just the CF under the epoxy (or what ever you call it that covers the CF to make it smooth) that's wavy? Basically, what I'm really curious about is once it would be painted would it be possible to see any waves at all in it or would it be completely smooth? Thanks.

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
I plan on painting but leaving some strips of CF open for viewing.
The wole hood comes with UV protect so if you don't want to paint it. Otherwise the resin is polished so the whole hood is smooth. Product pricing is lookign like $575.00 a hood but I was thinking if I can get a GP of 10 or more people we could get it down to 500.00 or so.

Hunter6

Established Member
Nice hood. I like the 03 hood though. I would be interested in buying an 03 Cobra style hood. Especially with a 24lb weight saving!

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
wow, looks good, can't wait to see some pics of it on the car!

Voice of Reason

Established Member
That 575 price is excellent. Much better than what I've seen for some other CF hoods. Like someone else mentioned, are there any plans for a 03 Cobra style CF hood? I'd buy one of those in a heartbeat for 575.

One more question about the version you've posted pictures of. In that pic of the underside it looks like it has the cover on for the hood openings. When that is installed if the car is sitting outside in the rain where is the water that gets in through the openings going to drain to? It looks like the cover would act as a big catch basin and hold the water. Are there any slits in the bottom of it to let it drain?

Users who are viewing this thread