Cobra R2K CF hood ready

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
Their are pin holes at the bottom. I haven't heard anything from the people whom purchased the fiberglass units from NPI on water issues.
We'll havea 14lb version out in a month or so, that ones going to be around 1K.
YA SHM offers a CF 03 hood for 1495.00.. American dough:kaboom:

I can't really think NPI is going to push for the 03 hood. Were allocating other funds to hopefully get a new "vehicle" for this years SEMA and PRI show. Also trying to finish up on this frigin 5.3L engine. Just.. HAve.. to get this frigin ... Dry sump on.... Still have to figure out why our Kenny Brown k-member destroyed our Canton racing pan:bash:

i definitly think a health crack habit would be cheaper then this sport....

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Originally posted by stang99svt

We'll havea 14lb version out in a month or so, that ones going to be around 1K.

Dave:

This is the one I'm interested in. :-D Will it be a lift off requiring hood pins in all four corners? Is it going to be just a "skin"? What about the venting and underside?

Thanks for the info!!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
No the design is much like the stock hood with a upper and lower. Looks just like the rear things just with more Carbon fiber, or fiberglass. It fits using the stock hinges and stock locking system, but for off road applications we have a warning suggesting hood pins be used. If it was just a upper skin It would only weigh like 5 lbs or something around there.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
If it was just a upper skin It would only weigh like 5 lbs or something around there.

Is it possible to get something like this? That's REALLY what I want! Of course is should be MUCH cheaper, right? ;-)

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
We can do the one off's but it will cost ya. If you just want the upper skin I can see what we can do for you. I'd probably want a few more layers of CF to make sure theirs plenty of stability in the product.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
We can do the one off's but it will cost ya. If you just want the upper skin I can see what we can do for you. I'd probably want a few more layers of CF to make sure theirs plenty of stability in the product.

I definitely need a stiff one. I'm at 150mph all the time. If I do the Silver State Classic (sometime in the future) I'll be cranking out about a buck 70 there.

Please keep me posted with price, delivery and shipping.

Mucho thanks,

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
Ya were looking to do the SSC next year as well. Right now theirs I think 3 or 4 layers on the current CF hood. for just the top I think a 9 or 10 would be strong enough and still weigh around 8-10lbs if that.... What type of engine are you going to be running? Do you have anything modified to the front of the vehicle to allow for less drag?

Last edited:

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
So I take it your not going for the 200MPH club, your staying in the 160-180 bracket?" From our vehicle testing around that speed is where it's really tuff to break through. Mustangs were never really aerodynamic vehicles. I've seen it where you can actually get some MPH if you broke off the front of the grill where the horse is, I've seen people use duct tape to do this and believe it on it does work.
I was working over last summer with coming up with some under vehicle panels to allow air to flow more smoothly under the body.
Pretty much just using pop rivets or something and alum plating to smooth everything out. If I can get another roll of CF from Dupont I might just try to make everything out of CF.
Are you using the 3.55 gear? I have a 3.73 in our vehicle but for gearing I might go to a 3.55 to get more High end.

Last edited:

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
What NPI? I don't think so. There was someone on this board that posted a all CF 03 hood sometime back but I never really saw anything else about it. Plus SHM makes one but I think its very unlikely he's sold many of them at his price. I mean every time you want to make one of these products you need a mold, generally a mold of this size is like 5-7K. Plus a mold won't last forever so everyone once in awhile you need to make another one. Right now NPI can't make enough of those fiberglass units because their lightweight and the price is lower then cervinis or FRPP, not to mention it offers real functionality. It was also posted on SEMA's website for hot new products. i guess my point is their doing really well with one style hood. Since the 05's are coming out soon and with projects in the works I think funds will be allocated towards that direction. Get something new made for the 05's from the start of teh production run.

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
So I take it your not going for the 200MPH club, your staying in the 160-180 bracket?" From our vehicle testing around that speed is where it's really tuff to break through. Mustangs were never really aerodynamic vehicles. I've seen it where you can actually get some MPH if you broke off the front of the grill where the horse is, I've seen people use duct tape to do this and believe it on it does work.
I was working over last summer with coming up with some under vehicle panels to allow air to flow more smoothly under the body.
Pretty much just using pop rivets or something and alum plating to smooth everything out. If I can get another roll of CF from Dupont I might just try to make everything out of CF.
Are you using the 3.55 gear? I have a 3.73 in our vehicle but for gearing I might go to a 3.55 to get more High end.

No plans on running the open unlimited class with this vehicle! Need a Winston Cup (sorry, Nextel Cup) car for that!! Just want to let her "hoot" for a bit! I think a buck 85 would be about the max you could squeeze out of this car which is mostly stock. I think the first time I will run the 140mph class which allows a top speed of 160 or 165 I think? Then I can graduate to the next class the following year if I see fit? I have the stock gearing with a newly installed Torsen T2R and '03 Cobra axles.

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
I am interested in a Fiberglass verison or the verison you posted at the begining of this post please PM me or let me know what rice is on the fiberglass version, I am very interested, and It looks awesome as well. I would have Terry at PRoGlass ProFinish Paint it he was at SEMA this year in the MOPAR booth with the Ram with the T76 turbo and a built motor he makes hoods but as you stated the molds are expensive, and he prefers to hand lay them, did you see the ram with the carbon kevlar red hood, I thought it was pretty cool, he said you guys make great products I always ask him and he said as far as he knew your fiberglass products were some of the best requiring the least altercation of any he has delat with
please let me know a price:rockon:

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
YA the ONLY time I will visit the Mopar booth is at sema. I did like the all CF viper, very good quality there. They also had some good coffee. Right before we started packing up the ford booth to leave I had a triple caramel mocha espresso from starbucks located on the ground floor in the south hall. They got me so jazzed up I was running around like a madman trying to talk to people. But came in very handy when it came time to move everything and shut everything down.

We use vacuum molding with our products so we can get better resin/Weight ratio's. That’s why we can get the products so light yet durable and reliable.

Dupont supplies me with all the paints I use. Great stuff. Goes on like buttaaaa.

Last edited:

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
Prices from NPI
$375.00 for fiberglass- 32lbs
$575.00 for CF- 24lbs
$1000.00 for CF-14lb's (special order)

This is for their Cobra R2K FHE line of hoods.

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
I've received quite a few emails here on trying to get a GP together for the Hoods. Before I bother asking what we can do. Who's interested

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I'm interested in a upper "skin" only with functional vents. Looking to save the most weight possible. Plan to install it with four hood pins. Hoping it's approximately 6 pounds and less than $500.00?

Users who are viewing this thread