Cobra vandalism, what should I do?

CobraSS2014

Established Member
hey guys as the title states, my 99 cobra was vandalized, in the mist I blew my heads, and its knocking very loud, later found out there was sugar in the tank, I file a claim with my insurance but of course they said they wasn't going to pay for the heads, they said thats a oil pressure problem, which I though wasnt true because i just got my car service literally a month before this happen, and it was fine, really don't have the funds to fix it. So should I just sell it, stack up some money and rebuild it, I really don't know what to do? Open a go fund me or Just have my insurance total it out if possible, Any advice I would definitely appreciate it, and this covid-19 is not making anything easier

CobraSS2014

Established Member
I been gone from this alone time yes, I didn't leave nothing out, I don't drive it as much in just sits up, its more like a weekender car now, this has happen once before, but my car was keyed, but sorry for the late response, just working trying to make ends me, I drive it maybe like 4 -5 times a month if that

Sent from my SM-G965U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraSS2014

Established Member
Cobra fast car, running the hell out of it, naw, just cruising, but one night I took it around the block, and the die at the stop sign, so I started it back up, it took awhile, but it started and continued on and boom, knocking, and car died again, so I started it up again took it back home and died again, next morning I took it in, that was found, I don't know what else to tell ya

CobraSS2014

Established Member
Here you go
20200706_123942.jpeg
20200706_123027.jpeg
20200706_123101.jpeg
20200706_123226.jpeg

01yellercobra

Established Member
Just because it was serviced doesn't mean it was done right. Or that there wasn't a problem waiting to happen.

I always thought sugar turned into gel in gas? At least that's what the carb guys said. That reminds me of some pics I saw of DEF going through a diesel fuel system. The crystals just tear everything up.

Unless the car means a lot to you its probably best to cut ties. You're looking at a whole new fuel system at the minimum. Then whatever damage was caused to the engine.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Just because it was serviced doesn't mean it was done right. Or that there wasn't a problem waiting to happen.

I always thought sugar turned into gel in gas? At least that's what the carb guys said. That reminds me of some pics I saw of DEF going through a diesel fuel system. The crystals just tear everything up.

Unless the car means a lot to you its probably best to cut ties. You're looking at a whole new fuel system at the minimum. Then whatever damage was caused to the engine.

What if I put sugar in someone's gas tank?

Not to mention the check valve at the end of the fill tube and the fuel filter. Blown a few up, sucks, break out a wad of cash or move on. Insurance isn't covering anything, not engine failure on a 20 year old vehicle.
Sorry dude, definitely hurts.

Pre-filters clogged up?

CobraSS2014

Established Member
Yea this cobra has a Sentimental value, I always loved the new edge body style, like I said before I had an 01 cobra, twin turbo, but this 99 cobra something about it made me not want to mod the engine, all I had on it was muffler delete, i was told by the adjuster that the sugar can't harm the engine because it stops at the filter, is that true?
So it would be best to sell it, rebuild heads or whole engine or total it out?

utlong31

Established Member
Here’s my two cents, you said it’s just a weekend driver and you love the car so why not park the thing and save the money to rebuild it. Your not going to get much for it the way it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CobraSS2014

Established Member
Here’s my two cents, you said it’s just a weekend driver and you love the car so why not park the thing and save the money to rebuild it. Your not going to get much for it the way it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thx I appreciate it, I don't plan on putting power adders, just keep it completely stock

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Cut your loses. You dont need the car and dont have a place to safely store it. You said this has happened before so what makes you think it wont happen a 3rd time?

Users who are viewing this thread