cobra vert owners please chime in

04silvervenom

Established Member
* I just purchased a silver 04 vert with just intake exhaust. The car is mint except serious chassis flex. What are the best subframes out there and why ,steeda,mm,kenny brown,hans or griggs. I called each one and they all claim to be the best, go figure. :shrug:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
if you want the absolute best and money is no object...get the Global West...by far the nicest/complete product on the market

I couldn't justify the price and installed Maximum motorsports full length connectors on mine and they made a huge diff!!

it's a must do mod for a Vert owner:rockon:

04silvervenom

Established Member
I was told by experts that the full lengths arent going to make much of a difference and will be more labor and weigh more. I really am thinking about the global wests because I cant see how this car will stay together with later mods (whipple) . :dancenana:

Jroc

Established Member
I was told by experts that the full lengths arent going to make much of a difference and will be more labor and weigh more. :dancenana:

I vote MM FLSFC's as the best because MM is the shiznit, and I'm byiest.

Your expert told you very unexpertly wrong. All Mustangs that are built on a Foxbody based platform need SFC's IMO. They make a huge difference and may weight an extra 10 or so lbs, but they don't weigh much. You would love the difference some good SFC's make on your vert, I promise.

paxton5.0

Established Member
I would check into Laurel Mountain Mustang's brand of FLSFC. They are like 90 bucks and almost the same specs as the MM ones. I ordered a set and they seem to be a good product.

jt239

Established Member
MM full length subframe connectors made a huge difference on my vert. They are a must if you pulley it imo.

SVTRocket

SVT Fan
Established Member
I don't know how much difference there is in a box-shaped length of steel from one manufacturer to another.

I had the MM and liked them and they have a good reputation.

04silvervenom

Established Member
I tried to purchase the hans racecraft subframes and called the vendors on their site . They told me they stopped dealing with them . So for all you guys that recommend them tell us how you would go about purchasing them. I also called global west and they weigh 50 lbs so i went ahead and purchased fl mm's(26lbs). If they dont help on my vert then my welder told me I can still go through the floor like the griggs design.

jt239

Established Member
I tried to purchase the hans racecraft subframes and called the vendors on their site . They told me they stopped dealing with them . So for all you guys that recommend them tell us how you would go about purchasing them. I also called global west and they weigh 50 lbs so i went ahead and purchased fl mm's(26lbs). If they dont help on my vert then my welder told me I can still go through the floor like the griggs design.

They will not only help...but you will notice a huge difference. I did.

20psirabbit

Established Member
i have an 03 vert, i had the mm flsfc's installed, i love 'em :)
i literally pulled the car off the rack, and leaving out the first driveway i said "wow" out loud at the difference, i love them
at the end of the day if you're still looking for maximum bracing you're prob looking at going to a 6 pt. cage though, depends how crazy you want to go :beer:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I was told by experts that the full lengths arent going to make much of a difference and will be more labor and weigh more. I really am thinking about the global wests because I cant see how this car will stay together with later mods (whipple) . :dancenana:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't know who your experts are but you need to totally ignore them from now on as they are total idiots.

I went with the Maximum Motorsports Full Length. and then had a matrix brace added with jacking rails. pics are in my sig.

The 'verts come with pretty shitty bolt on subframes and they are crap. full length is the way to go. I personally put in the subframes and a strut tower brace in mine. ... you can't get a chassis too stiff :).

20psirabbit

Established Member
I personally put in the subframes and a strut tower brace in mine. ... you can't get a chassis too stiff :).

on a side note, what's your feelings on that strut tower brace? i've talked to a couple vert owners that had them and they were saying they didn't really notice a difference. which seemed crazy to me, i would figure it should be a noticable difference especially with these flimsy ass verts :shrug:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
on a side note, what's your feelings on that strut tower brace? i've talked to a couple vert owners that had them and they were saying they didn't really notice a difference. which seemed crazy to me, i would figure it should be a noticable difference especially with these flimsy ass verts :shrug:

I think the subframes make a more noticeable difference in the handling. supposedly they are not as critical as they used to be but like I said earlier you can never have your chassis too stiff.

The problem with a lot of people is that they think that all mods should make a noticeable difference and they don't. some of them do but some help in much more subtle ways. how much noticeable difference a mod makes should never be the sole judge of whether or not it is worthwhile

to be honest I have not had many chances to drive my 'vert and have not had it on the track yet. I think in corner carving the strut tower brace is a must IMHO.

Last edited:

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
In the beginning, there were few vendors. Back then, I picked MM FLSFC, welded by a professional shop. I don't have any reason to doubt that decision, then or now. There may be better set-ups now, but I've been pleased with DD duties and a couple dozen runs down the 1/8 mile track. Good luck and have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread