CobraCleric's 19hr exterior detail and paint correction.

rcn4god

Swirl Slayer
Established Member
So ive started my side business and a few guys showed some interest. CobraCleric was the first one to give me his car to work on and boy was I in for a challenge..All I did this weekend was wash, clay, compound with megs 105/205, seal with JetSeal 109, glazed with Black Light and waxed with liquid Souvouran. This was a huge challenge due to the sand embedded into the paint..this car worked me. CobraCleric allowed me to put my logo on the car as well...feeling very accomplished right now

before photos..hard to tell how dirty is is on the paint

P1090552.jpg

P1100569.jpg

sand in the paint
P1100558.jpg

P1100556.jpg

rims were TRASHED, but theres a happy ending
P1090555.jpg

P1090553.jpg

P1100561.jpg

P1100562.jpg

starting to buff

P1100568.jpg

test panel...sanded with 2000gr after this test
P1100571.jpg

before
P1100574.jpg

after
P1100573.jpg

engine after
P1100559.jpg

rims after, chipping chrome and need re-chroming
P1100560.jpg

P1120584.jpg

clear paint after
P1110577.jpg

P1110579.jpg

P1120583.jpg

roof was sanded as well with 2000
P1120585.jpg

P1120586.jpg

P1120587.jpg

and my logo on the car..i designed it
P1120589.jpg

Thanks for looking

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
What did the job cost??? I'm way to far for you to do my car but am wondering what the job is worth; and a very nice job is it!!!

crazycarlo

Established Member
Hey man that looks good. I have a few questions and opinions. 1) why was the roof sanded? And Ive looked into a few things, you should look into the Nanoskin autoscrub system instead of claying. It does the same thing except it last alot longer then the clay. And also if the roof was sanded to get rid of orange peel they have some newish pads for the buffer that does that as well. Just a thought so maybe next time you can let the machine do more work so its not as hard on ya.

rcn4god

Swirl Slayer
Established Member
It was sanded cause of Sand scratches in the paint that were tough to get out. Being outside my the beach all the time was rough on it. Ill look into nano skin

crazycarlo

Established Member
AHH i got ya. The Nanoskin is a pad to put on the buffer thats rubber. You spray lube just like clay but unlike the clay it doesnt deteriorate. You take the pad off and can wash it and clean it.

And there are these pads made for wetsanding and orange peel removal. The have face materials made of denim for heavy removal or velvet for a more medium or finer removal.

03sm3341

Established Member
Nice work! $325 is a steal for that work. I too find it hard to get people to understand why it cost so much to do this type of work. It's hours and hours of work, but the pay off is huge.

T0RCH3D

Established Member
I just wanted to add input on the Nanoskin Autoscrubber. It is well worth the cost. Much faster than clay and more consistent. Lasts longer and eliminates the worry of dropping clay. If your going to pull the trigger get the Fine grade as it is plenty abrasive for most cars and doesn't leave marring.

As for the detail, awesome work! Man that cobra needed a detail bad, you gave him one hell of a deal for that price as well. Not sure if I am a fan of your choice with black light as it contains fillers. All in all, nice save with the car!

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Nice work! $325 is a steal for that work. I too find it hard to get people to understand why it cost so much to do this type of work. It's hours and hours of work, but the pay off is huge.

somebody slap the owner for letting it get that bad. My mud trucks are cleaner than that.

x2. Easily worth twice that much, and my truck has never looked that bad.

oneof185

Established Member
Awesome job! I paid $425 and mine was clean to begin with. They hand washed, clayed, polished and waxed. Looked good afterwords but swirls are still as they were before. Not that they are bad but there are some. Guy spent about 6 hours on it. I've gotten too lazy in my old age, plus don't have all the correct pads etc but think ill invest in some and do mine in sections, taking my time.
Again, great job and your price would be well worth it in my opinion. The detailer I used also charges in the thousands for paint correction.

Users who are viewing this thread