Cobras Cruisin

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
huh?? I just watched the video again, and my question is: Where the hell is all this crazy driving everyone's talking about. I'd say that was a pretty tame cruise by our standards. You call that "getting sideways"? Please.

+1

wheelhopper

Established Member
MACA cruises involves a bunch of friends having a good time, driving some fast cars. Probably doing some things that most of the time they would not do. But if you can't trust your friends to drive crazy with, STAY AT THE CAR SHOW!

Besides that driving was not crazy anyway, that is how everyone drives on the D.C. beltway.

BackInTheSaddle

Established Member
I've seen seriously more dangerous driving around here (DC) by people on cell phones that don't have a clue!!!!!

Agreed, Scott! This vid was VERY MILD compared to my normal commute to work in the DC 'burbs...I've driven around the DC, Atlanta, and NYC areas and have seen some offensive driving.

I can see where someone who lives outside of a major East Coast city could veiw this as aggressive driving. This is not the Mid-West, and this is not the desert. :bored: My suggestion to you is to drive in DC rush hour traffic for a year and see if you view things in a different light.

Looking forward to crusing with MACA, although having a N/A SN95 with no suspension mods (yet), I guess i"ll be bringing up the rear! ;-)

Greg- keep on rockin'! :rockon:

Dave

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I dont get sideways behind another car at a stoplight, I dont jump in front of cars and get sideways next to them. He was showboating because his camera was on inside the car plain and simple. Cool cruise but I dont care how good of a driver you are, theres no reason for a lot of that crap especially on a cruise with $25k+ cars surrounding you

Guess you are hardcore conservative in politics and in driving eh?

Good thing you aren't in MACA or you'd always be left behind. Don't worry, we always give out directs pre-cruise. Having a little fun during the cruises is what its all about. We don't drive corvettes, so we like our sunday drives a tad more spirited.

In fact, the best drive I've ever been on was following Greg with Ken, Scott, and Tim in tow, pre-driving the Catoctin cruise two years ago. Greg is a monster on the street, but my car had a bit more power and a few more suspension mods, so I was able to keep up pretty well. Also he wasn't on his stickies, so he was probably taking it easy :thumbsup:

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
LMAO at all the pansies who think he was being dangerous, you guys need to go ask your woman to take your balls out of her purse.

I was the MG vert that he got behind at 5:35 and I never, ever once was nervous with him behind me. Not once.

upside

AWD V8
Established Member
looks like the camera car driver has some serious driving skills. poor decisions on the street? yeah probably, but im sure people have had their thoughts about me while wheeling my gsxr on the highway next to their car for a few exits.

im sure we have all done stupid things on the street in various types of vehicles and it sure is ****ing retarded that people are so quick to judge. hypocrites! all of you! lol...

but anyways that was a sweet vid and it looks like it was a blast, i would love to go on a cruse like that some day.

01Lowboy

SPTZCLNT
Established Member
I dont get sideways behind another car at a stoplight, I dont jump in front of cars and get sideways next to them. He was showboating because his camera was on inside the car plain and simple. Cool cruise but I dont care how good of a driver you are, theres no reason for a lot of that crap especially on a cruise with $25k+ cars surrounding you

Pussy....

I'm sure greg or whatever is a fine driver. But his decisions in the video didn't show that. Getting sideways around a guy on a bicycle?? Just some poor choices. Everyone in here is guilty of speeding and peeling out but there is a time and place for it.

Anyway the video is cool and the lineup of cars is awesome. The MACA is a great organization and you guys always have sharp cars.:beer:

GTFO

I sense bitterness and jealousy

Yup :lol:

Huh?? I just watched the video again, and my question is: Where the HELL is all this crazy driving everyone's talking about. I'd say that was a pretty tame cruise by our standards. You call that "getting sideways"? Please.

I would trust Greg with my life, and my $25K car. In fact, I did! That's my silver vert right in front of him in the middle part of the video!

EXACTLY

lighten up dude. Seriously. Your $25k car wasn't involved so there's really nothing for you to worry about. I'm sure that cruise would have been way more fun if everyone would have driven to your standards.

Bingo :thumbsup:

The vid doesn't do the cruise any justice. He's not driving like an animal and I too don't see this crazy driving everyone is posting? My rear end slips out at practically every turn at 618hp, just because. And not out of control. Chill Gents. Greg is our unofficial Pro.

I've seen seriously more dangerous driving around here (DC) by people on cell phones that don't have a clue!!!!!

Just enjoy the vid, and watching my P roll by!

You tell em Scott!

....lol at the people that think this is ignorant unecessary driving.
I watched this video and it looks like Greg is in control 100% of the time, hands always at the 10 and 2 if not shifting etc.

Ever watch some of the mischief tv vids? Ive watched some of that stuff LIVE.

:beer::rockon:

I really dont see why so many of you are throwing your tampons at the camera car!!!

Guy drove fine, opened the car a little on some ocassions for the sake of the viewers and video it seems. This shit without some sound or some showboating would be as fun as watching paint dry.

CHILL THE **** OUT, SKANKS!!!

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

MACA cruises involves a bunch of friends having a good time, driving some fast cars. Probably doing some things that most of the time they would not do. But if you can't trust your friends to drive crazy with, STAY AT THE CAR SHOW!

Besides that driving was not crazy anyway, that is how everyone drives on the D.C. beltway.

Also very true...

Guess you are hardcore conservative in politics and in driving eh?

Good thing you aren't in MACA or you'd always be left behind. Don't worry, we always give out directs pre-cruise. Having a little fun during the cruises is what its all about. We don't drive corvettes, so we like our sunday drives a tad more spirited.

In fact, the best drive I've ever been on was following Greg with Ken, Scott, and Tim in tow, pre-driving the Catoctin cruise two years ago. Greg is a monster on the street, but my car had a bit more power and a few more suspension mods, so I was able to keep up pretty well. Also he wasn't on his stickies, so he was probably taking it easy :thumbsup:

Oh well Dale. Let the hater's hate.

LMAO at all the pansies who think he was being dangerous, you guys need to go ask your woman to take your balls out of her purse.

I was the MG vert that he got behind at 5:35 and I never, ever once was nervous with him behind me. Not once.

Might as well not waste your time or energy since everyone in this thread is an e-saint when it comes to how they drive.

looks like the camera car driver has some serious driving skills. poor decisions on the street? yeah probably, but im sure people have had their thoughts about me while wheeling my gsxr on the highway next to their car for a few exits.

im sure we have all done stupid things on the street in various types of vehicles and it sure is ****ing retarded that people are so quick to judge. hypocrites! all of you! lol...

but anyways that was a sweet vid and it looks like it was a blast, i would love to go on a cruse like that some day.

:burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread