CobraStruck's Record Breaking Video

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Justin Tolbert was finally able to send me his video of his record setting performance from last November. At the 2:30 mark of the video is his Eaton, blower only 6 speed/IRS record of 10.48 @ 132.93 w/ a 1.58 60' pass. The next run on the vid is Justin's 10.09 @ 134.52 w/ a 1.43 60' on nitrous, while missing 4th gear. Both of these are all-time Eaton/IRS/6 speed records. Justin's 132.93 on blower is the fastest Eaton MPH in history.

Great accomplishments!

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/CobraStrucks-04-Cobra_639221.htm]CobraStruck's 04 Cobra- Video[/ame]

CobraStruck

Fastest Eaton/6-Speed/IRS
Established Member
Thanks for posting the video for me IronTerp. Yes the car is currently impounded for street racing. I have little hope of getting it back. A lesson to learn for all of those who think they won't get caught like I used too!!!

Invictus

Banned
Thanks for posting the video for me IronTerp. Yes the car is currently impounded for street racing. I have little hope of getting it back. A lesson to learn for all of those who think they won't get caught like I used too!!!

Man!! That really sucks!

I'd do some community service work and try everything possible to sway the judge. Man, that's horrible. Congrats on the times though :rockon:

Rice Eatr

Established Member

Justin,
Hopefully you'll get your car back. Even though you race at sea level tracks, your car is making some serious power or is light as a feather to run those times and mph. I am curious as to your weight and set up. If you could PM me the details I would be curious to compare notes.

Chris

Last edited:

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member

Awesome vid, it's obvious you have quite a set of driving skills. But really no hope of getting it back? I certainly don't mean to bring up what must be a rather sore subject but you seem certain that it's gone for good. I hope this is not the case, best of luck to you.

IronTerp

Justin,
Hopefully you'll get your car back. Even though you race at sea level tracks, your car is making some serious power or is light as a feather to run those times and mph. I am curious as to your weight and set up. If you could PM me the details I would be curious to compare notes.

Chris
"Even though"??? Ahh, come on Chris.....You're not going to penalize Justin because he lives at sea level are you????:lol:

His setup is stock motor/heads, Stage V+ Eaton with ported Dragon TB/Plenum, long tubes, very well setup up suspension with Level 5 half shafts. Not a ton of weight reduction....maybe 3,600 lb race weight?

1Quick4.6

Established Member
"Even though"??? Ahh, come on Chris.....You're not going to penalize Justin because he lives at sea level are you????:lol:

His setup is stock motor/heads, Stage V+ Eaton with ported Dragon TB/Plenum, long tubes, very well setup up suspension with Level 5 half shafts. Not a ton of weight reduction....maybe 3,600 lb race weight?

with that heavy IRS too i wonder what kind of power he made with that setup...stageV, ported Dragon TB/Plenum, long tubes. and lot of weight reduction is my next combo

IronTerp

with that heavy IRS too i wonder what kind of power he made with that setup...stageV, ported Dragon TB/Plenum, long tubes. and lot of weight reduction is my next combo
He's tuned by Pro Dyno and I believe he hit mid 560's in RWHP.

Last edited:

CobraStruck

Fastest Eaton/6-Speed/IRS
Established Member
The car made 568rwhp and 591rwtq on stage V+ port with 4lb. lower and 2.90 upper. Made 660rwhp and 739rwtq on the 125 shot. In the video the car weighed around 3640lbs. with me in the car. The car has a lot of other bolt-ons too though. Ported and welded Dragon throttle body and plenum, blower spacer, electric water pump, ported lower intake, all the cooling mods(which really help any eaton make power), etc. Also the car is tuned on 104 octane(unleaded) so the tune is agressive.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Justin,

Your car and driving is amazing!!! I must say that is the sickest sounding Cobra I have ever heard, and I've heard a lot of them. The power, the sound, everything makes me drool.

Anyhow, I'm just curious to know what exhaust setup you are running. I love that sound, and hope to have my Cobra sound similar to that.

Good luck getting the car back. There is always a chance to do so. I hope it all works out for you.

Congrats on the times, that is bada$$

-Chris

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Nice to see the video's finally. I had a few buddies with Lightnings that went to that event and they were calling me all day about this badass silver Cobra that was running sick times. After seeing how that car ran at the Shootout and seeing some of the other videos I'm about sold on the Dragon TB/Plenum setup! This car is absolutely insane fast for such a simple combo! I'm sorry you guys haven't involved in that bust haven't had some resolution to that yet, have they given you any kind of time frame as to when everything can be settled and what you can do to possibly get the car back?

Users who are viewing this thread