COD4 Clan "SVT" members in here. (merged thread)

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Well guys my time is coming to an end soon. I'm out of here at around 5:00pm Pacific time tomorrow to get ready to ship down to MCRD in Ca. I'll probably try to hop on tonight and maybe a little tomorrow before I leave. Anyone gonna be on?

kit5pt0

Established Member
Well guys my time is coming to an end soon. I'm out of here at around 5:00pm Pacific time tomorrow to get ready to ship down to MCRD in Ca. I'll probably try to hop on tonight and maybe a little tomorrow before I leave. Anyone gonna be on?

Good Luck! I don't know if you'll be on today, but i'll probably be on after the Rams get their ass kicked.

bam

Established Member
Alright guys, I'll catch you in 3 months as a newly graduated Marine!
We'll miss ya on MW2, bud. Kick some ass in basic.

For the SOCOMers... DLC details:

All told, this pack will have:

* New Russian / Eastern European Area of Operation
* Snow setting complete with snow effects, new snow gear and camo for both the Special Forces and Mercenaries, and thermal vision
* New ARMS RUN gameplay mode
* 5 New Maps: Uprising, Entrapment, Blizzard, Night Stalker, Vigilance
* All new mercenaries characters with new looks and new VO.
* New Special Forces squad, the Russian Spetsnaz
* Gun turrets emplacements
* New music
* All new character specialization/progression system
* Allows players to pick a primary and secondary specialization and unlock new equipment exclusive to those specializations
* New weapons, including: 3 new weapons, 6 enhanced versions of weapons available as part of the new weapons specialization system, 2 new weapon attachments (including the thermal scope), 5 enhanced versions of weapon attachments also available as part of the new weapons specialization system.
* 2 new grenade launcher ammo types (flash and smoke)
* New Trophies

COLD FRONT Downloadable Pack for SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation – PlayStation.Blog

Some good news in there- Blizzard and Nightstalker were the two classic maps I felt /6 really messed up by omitting. New guns is cool (I see the Barrett in one of the screenshots) and the new gear/camo/mercenary options will all be good. Don't like that it's $14.99, however.

03SonicSnake

Member of 500/500 Club
Established Member
No-BlkLightning2k - We're practically neighbors! I'm in LJ. Can't wait till MW2 comes out. Haven't played online in forever with the SVT guys!

03SonicSnake

Member of 500/500 Club
Established Member
Yeah Mineralgrey I remember ya! My screen name is JL03Snake. It's been forever since I've been on. Used to play all the time with Riddla, Humbolt5.0, and a bunch of others

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
shipping my new to me refurb ps3 back to sony today.. they sent me a replacement for mine after i got the YLOD for my $150. for hat $150 i got another 60gb ps3 but the front was scratched up and one whole corner had a big hole in it where it was broken off... focking sony

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
shipping my new to me refurb ps3 back to sony today.. they sent me a replacement for mine after i got the YLOD for my $150. for hat $150 i got another 60gb ps3 but the front was scratched up and one whole corner had a big hole in it where it was broken off... focking sony

damn, think it happened in shipping possibly? That happened to some stuff of mine before but it ended up being UPS's fault

Mayo5

Established Member
We'll miss ya on MW2, bud. Kick some ass in basic.

For the SOCOMers... DLC details:

All told, this pack will have:

* New Russian / Eastern European Area of Operation
* Snow setting complete with snow effects, new snow gear and camo for both the Special Forces and Mercenaries, and thermal vision
* New ARMS RUN gameplay mode
* 5 New Maps: Uprising, Entrapment, Blizzard, Night Stalker, Vigilance
* All new mercenaries characters with new looks and new VO.
* New Special Forces squad, the Russian Spetsnaz
* Gun turrets emplacements
* New music
* All new character specialization/progression system
* Allows players to pick a primary and secondary specialization and unlock new equipment exclusive to those specializations
* New weapons, including: 3 new weapons, 6 enhanced versions of weapons available as part of the new weapons specialization system, 2 new weapon attachments (including the thermal scope), 5 enhanced versions of weapon attachments also available as part of the new weapons specialization system.
* 2 new grenade launcher ammo types (flash and smoke)
* New Trophies

COLD FRONT Downloadable Pack for SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation – PlayStation.Blog

Some good news in there- Blizzard and Nightstalker were the two classic maps I felt /6 really messed up by omitting. New guns is cool (I see the Barrett in one of the screenshots) and the new gear/camo/mercenary options will all be good. Don't like that it's $14.99, however.

**** THEM! **** THEM HARD!

15$?!?!?!?! ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?

Those aren't 5 new maps either; jesus christ **** you sony.

bam

Established Member
**** THEM! **** THEM HARD!

15$?!?!?!?! ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?

Those aren't 5 new maps either; jesus christ **** you sony.

lol.
Timing will really be critical with this. If I'm still in Modern Warfare 2 > life mode when they release it, **** SOCOM. They honestly might do better to wait until next year when at least some people are getting ready to move on from MW2. On the other hand, the price initiated a huge shit storm everywhere the information was posted, so maybe they'll take the hint that they'll make all of $30 on it at that price.

Last edited:

Mayo5

Established Member
lol.
Timing will really be critical with this. If I'm still in Modern Warfare 2 > life mode when they release it, **** SOCOM. They honestly might do better to wait until next year when at least some people are getting ready to move on from MW2. On the other hand, the price initiated a huge shit storm everywhere the information was posted, so maybe they'll take the hint that they'll make all of $30 on it at that price.

What's messed up is that it's not money going to the developers. That's mostly going to Sony; and that is their pricing strategy.

I mean jesus christ, people paid full price for a headset and a broken game. Waited about 1/2 to 3/4 of a year for a decent patch to stablize it. This is all while playing a handful of maps; and nothing that was promised and that is actually written on the damn game box.

Now they are releasing what they originally announced and want to charge more for this than you can buy the game at a premium price used.

I love Socom. But **** Sony on this one and /6 on this one.

I guess I will be playing Fifa10' and Demon Soul's.

bam

Established Member
What's messed up is that it's not money going to the developers. That's mostly going to Sony; and that is their pricing strategy.

I mean jesus christ, people paid full price for a headset and a broken game. Waited about 1/2 to 3/4 of a year for a decent patch to stablize it. This is all while playing a handful of maps; and nothing that was promised and that is actually written on the damn game box.

Now they are releasing what they originally announced and want to charge more for this than you can buy the game at a premium price used.

I love Socom. But **** Sony on this one and /6 on this one.

I guess I will be playing Fifa10' and Demon Soul's.

Did you buy Demon's Souls? If so, how is it? I'd consider Borderlands, too, if you're looking for a new shooter... look it up if you haven't heard about it. About to go pick mine up at midnight.

Mayo5

Established Member
Did you buy Demon's Souls? If so, how is it? I'd consider Borderlands, too, if you're looking for a new shooter... look it up if you haven't heard about it. About to go pick mine up at midnight.

Yeah it's tempting, but after reading a few reviews on Demon Soul's, I think I'm going to go pick it up. I'm waiting to Christmas to get it though because I know I will not want to finish school if I have that game.

Every review keeps stating how hard the game is, and that it's very old school.

EDIT:

Apparently retails and the publisher of Demon Soul's are having a hard time keeping it in stock. The Deluxe edition; which is the only place to get a guide for it; is completely out of print.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/103/1036654p1.html

Last edited:

03SonicSnake

Member of 500/500 Club
Established Member
Mineralgrey01GT yeah it's been forever!!! I have since bought a house, am waiting on my new 54" TV to come in and have a LOT faster DSL now, so I'm getting all set up for some long nights of killin!!

Users who are viewing this thread