Votes: 35 66.0%
  • WAW

Votes: 18 34.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
I hate the map designs of WAW. I've played about 10hrs now and still hate it. There are 2 maps I like and the other maps are stupid to me. MY k/d is 1.5 or so but I just can't get into it.

Vashthestampede

Its not a TUMAH
Established Member
I played WAW at a friends house and the moment I came home I dusted my copy of COD4 off and played it as nothing is as satisfying as ripping someones face off with a krinkov. I can get mp40's, mg42's k98's, and many other WWII guns in all of the other COD's I just think they should've given Infinity Ward carte blanche to make another modern warfare game with destructible environments, a few larger maps, and vehicles. I would've been in heaven.

cj3113

King of Controversy
Established Member
New opinion. Put the graphics/realness of being shot/injured from WaW with some new well designed maps onto COD4.

And you have the game I want.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
New opinion. Put the graphics/realness of being shot/injured from WaW with some new well designed maps onto COD4.

And you have the game I want.

I said the same thing a few days ago, they should re-release COD4 with the graphic/realness of W@W. Ive played COD4 a couple times since I bought W@W and I cant get into it because I like seeing limbs get blown off. COD4 is a great game but i'm spoiled by the new one now.

50 Proof

Established Member
Before WaW came out, I loved COD4 hands down and felt that there's not a chance that WAW could improve on it. Then I bought WAW last night and I must say, I'm not really interested in the online game play for COD4 anymore.

What irritates the shit out of me on COD4 are all the automatic weapons that rarely require to be reloaded. Everytime I jump into an online game, most of the people just spray and pray and end up destroying everyone in site. There's nothing more frustrating then a dumbshit with a P90 and Juggernaut that sprays and prays and kills anyone and everyone around him. It requires no skill, all you have to do is crouch, spray and pray and it works 99.9% of the time. With WAW you can't do that as much. You have to aim more and put more skill into your kills and use your rounds more wisely because you have to reload more often. The weapons are older and more outdated, which sort of forces people to put more skill into their shots. To me, the fun is in the skill, camping out in a corner with a P90 and Juggernaut waiting for someone to turn the corner so you can blast the **** out of them gets old after awhile.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Before WaW came out, I loved COD4 hands down and felt that there's not a chance that WAW could improve on it. Then I bought WAW last night and I must say, I'm not really interested in the online game play for COD4 anymore.

What irritates the shit out of me on COD4 are all the automatic weapons that rarely require to be reloaded. Everytime I jump into an online game, most of the people just spray and pray and end up destroying everyone in site. There's nothing more frustrating then a dumbshit with a P90 and Juggernaut that sprays and prays and kills anyone and everyone around him. It requires no skill, all you have to do is crouch, spray and pray and it works 99.9% of the time. With WAW you can't do that as much. You have to aim more and put more skill into your kills and use your rounds more wisely because you have to reload more often. The weapons are older and more outdated, which sort of forces people to put more skill into their shots. To me, the fun is in the skill, camping out in a corner with a P90 and Juggernaut waiting for someone to turn the corner so you can blast the **** out of them gets old after awhile.

+666

I just cant get back to playing COD4 after WaW. But going 10 prestiges is going to take alot of time

cj3113

King of Controversy
Established Member

That's because the game is new. It will not be long before those same ****s are doing the same annoying things (with a WWII twist) in WaW.

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
So far I gotta give COD4 the edge for being a better game. WAW is fun online , but it just doesn't seem to be as good as COD4. Im about halfway into the game itself and its getting pretty boring already. Im gonna give another week or so to see if I like it anymore , and if not Im going back to COD4

50 Proof

Established Member
Has anyone tried playing with the M1A1 gun yet on WAW? What kind of gun is it?

When I bought WAW at gamestop, I asked them if there is still a way to unlock the M1A1 or if the unlock code is only for people who bought the game presale? He told me to go to gamestop.com/gun and give it a shot. I'll be damned, I filled out the form and two days later they sent me an unlock code for the M1A1. I just went back to gamestop.com/gun and it looks like they took the form down already hahaha

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
gamestop and activision sent me an unlock code to get it earlier then level 65 ;)

no no you CAN use the gun before you reach rank 65, but you cant use the gun in "Create a Class". The M1A1 is just like one of the pre-made gun setups, like 'marksman' and 'close quarters' or whatever they are. They probably do this so you can't start unlocking things for the M1A1 until you reach rank 65.

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
i cant say because i havent played WaW yet. however, im so tired of WWII games. it would take a lot (excellent graphics, more realistic scenarios, etc.) to make me like that more than COD4.

also i hate large and dark maps, searching for an enemy sucks

Mayo5

Established Member
WAW Campaign > CoD4

WAW Online > CoD4

WAW Extras > CoD4

The campaign is just as short as CoD4, and does the same thing by splitting the stories apart. I enjoy the more epicness of the WW2 and blowing people apart.

WAW online is more enjoyable for the PS3, more and better designed maps. You can't go rambo and win the game with one awesome player. It actually requires teamwork, and strategy. Worse weapons=more skill. Hardcore owns.

Zombie mode owns all.

NA97GT

Established Member
I am not into the weapons offered in this game. The first 2 machine guns are weak, and the semi auto rifles leave alot to be desired. I pretty much only use the submachine guns and they work well. Hopefully the better guns are much improved.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

It's usually the P90 guys that get off the lucky shots now and then that make you yell :bs: at the TV, but after a while you get used to there tricks just like the shotgun guys and they can be owned pretty easily.

WAW Campaign > CoD4

WAW Online > CoD4

WAW Extras > CoD4

The campaign is just as short as CoD4, and does the same thing by splitting the stories apart. I enjoy the more epicness of the WW2 and blowing people apart.

WAW online is more enjoyable for the PS3, more and better designed maps. You can't go rambo and win the game with one awesome player. It actually requires teamwork, and strategy. Worse weapons=more skill. Hardcore owns.

Zombie mode owns all.

I think that's the main problem I have with WaW is that it's very hard to break out and go on huge streaks. The K/D ratio was the one thing I always paid attention to on COD4 and it's what I tried to improve on but on WaW they made sure that everyone is on a level playing field so breaking out is really hard to do and I'm pretty sure it will be nearly impossible to pull off some of the games I had on COD4 in WaW

Going Rambo and annihilating an entire team on your own is a lot of fun, and it makes you want to do it over and over again but in WaW it just doesn't happen.

Hardcore and core in WaW are almost identical instead of how it is in COD4 where there is a noticeable difference in lifespan between the two modes. All of WaW gameplay is like playing Hardcore on COD4, and it's hardcore mode is just the elimination of reticles and maps.

Users who are viewing this thread