Columbia Mo SWAT Raid 2/11/2010. Cops Shoot Pets With Children Present

Undergroundking

Established Member
As the story goes....

This video shows a search warrant served by the Columbia Mo. police department. The cops bust in this guys house in the middle of the night and shoot his two dogs (one a pit bull that was caged in the kitchen and the other a Corgi) with children in the home. it turns out that rather than a big time drug dealer, this guy had a small pipe with some resin in it, a grinder, and what the cops here call "a small amount of marijuana" (meaning less than a few grams). We here in Comlumbia want everyone to know what kind of police department we have here, check out our "finest" in action.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbwSwvUaRqc"]YouTube- Columbia Mo SWAT Raid 2/11/2010. Cops Shoot Pets With Children Present[/nomedia]

Last edited:

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
What the guy did/or had is besides the point. He could of actually been a "big time" drug dealer, but why the f*** do you shoot a dog in the cage?!

Jsko

Established Member
Seems most articles I read with drug raids, they always shoot the dogs. If the dogs are in a cage, thats BS

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I believe they only shot one dog [I guess the pitbull that may or may not have been in a crate]. You can see another one walking around when they have him on the floor. Either way, if it was in a crate that is one piece of shit thing to do. I could understand if the dog tried to attack them if it wasn't crated, however I'd still be ****ing livid if that were my dog.

Edit: Then again I could be wrong, I'm not willing to watch that video again.

Last edited by a moderator:

347zz5.0

Established Member
Reminds me of the story where cops burst into a house, shot and killed a couples two German Shepherds, all because their neighbor, some drug dealer, sent a box of weed to their house testing to see if it was being tracked by police.

Is anyone here a cop? I was just wondering since a story like this happens like every week what I want to know are there any cops who are dog lovers who have had the balls to stand up against this thing within their own department?

Everyone in here who has dogs, this can happen to any one of us.

Last edited:

blk02bird

Established Member
what the ****, so if this dude only had a pipe and a few g's of weed on him I wonder if he can press charges. I know they have a job to do and I'm fine with that. But shooting his animals and *ucking his door up for smoking a pipe is a complete joke.

blk02bird

Established Member
So the consequence of smoking a pipe of weed to yourself makes it right for them to barge in and start killing animals? Please.

cobradrivr

Heaton Slowbra *****
Established Member
****ing power trip PIG MOTHER ****ERS!! Thats just sooo messed up in so many ways to shoot a dog in a cage, Wasnt a threat. I hope the scumbag who shot the dogs dies a horrible painful death and rots in hell! The end.

powersplash93

Established Member
So the consequence of smoking a pipe of weed to yourself makes it right for them to barge in and start killing animals? Please.

First off you obviously have no idea what it takes to get a search warrant, it takes more than just seeing someone smoking a pipe. Second off it sounds like when the guy says the dog was probably trying to play with you, it sounds like the dog wasnt in a cage, if it was then thats f'ed up but if it charged at them or acted aggressive then thats whats gonna happen on a search warrant. I am an LEO and I will say it takes a lot to obtain a search warrant, numerous buys and such, you cant get a search warrant just by luck of the draw, you gotta write a lot in the affadavit to obtain one. I love dogs just as much as the next person and I myself have two pitbulls, but the department I work for has had some officers that have shot dogs, but only when the dog was being aggressive. We dont have the background as to what all was in the search warrant so you should maybe have a few more facts before you jump to conclusions. All LEO's arent power hungry by no means but I will say that there are some that go to extremes and can give a lot of LEO's a bad name. If in my department an officer was to shoot a dog on a search warrant that was in a cage then I would def stand up against them as thats just wrong and I am an animal lover.

Good God! There are criminals in meth labs that don't get punishment that horrible (although this guy could have been who knows). That is absolutely insane and ridiculous. There are so many ways that could have been handled without involving animals being killed, gunshots going off or kids witnessing that. It just amazes me how some things like this happen in the world today.

Last edited by a moderator:

sloshy24

Established Member
Now that's some shit right there. He needed a card to read the Miranda Rights? Shouldn't he know them by heart. Shit I can pretty much say them, I've watched enough Cops.

Bullitt4859

Established Member
First off you obviously have no idea what it takes to get a search warrant, it takes more than just seeing someone smoking a pipe. Second off it sounds like when the guy says the dog was probably trying to play with you, it sounds like the dog wasnt in a cage, if it was then thats f'ed up but if it charged at them or acted aggressive then thats whats gonna happen on a search warrant. I am an LEO and I will say it takes a lot to obtain a search warrant, numerous buys and such, you cant get a search warrant just by luck of the draw, you gotta write a lot in the affadavit to obtain one. I love dogs just as much as the next person and I myself have two pitbulls, but the department I work for has had some officers that have shot dogs, but only when the dog was being aggressive. We dont have the background as to what all was in the search warrant so you should maybe have a few more facts before you jump to conclusions. All LEO's arent power hungry by no means but I will say that there are some that go to extremes and can give a lot of LEO's a bad name. If in my department an officer was to shoot a dog on a search warrant that was in a cage then I would def stand up against them as thats just wrong and I am an animal lover.

You would think that with all of that background check that they would know there were two children living with him and to be cautious on using their weapons so that they dont traumatize the children....:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread