Common failures on a Mach

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
Rear LSD (clutch packs) are weak, tranny is a P.O.S., lots of grinding issues, Throw out bearing, head tick (same as 03 cobras), passenger side door rubbing/sqeak... um. that's all I've got right now lol.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
I had none of the above up until 32k miles (major modifications started at that point). I am running 520whp on turbos and the tranny is holding up fine. .....ok well I had the head-tick. But I can't think of anything else that can be considered a "failure."

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
What are some common things that go wrong with these cars or they bullit proof.

Depends on mods.....stock sometimes the car cuts off when coasting- there is a TSB for that one. The head tick- again check the TSB. But other than that it's good to go. Once you start modding all bets are off. These cars hold up pretty well to punishment though. I haven't had any tranny problems but now that I'm blown I'll be looking for a T56. Most tuners/owners recommend staying around 450rwhp on stock internals but there are a few on this board that are around (or over) 500 with no problems- it's all in the tune. I'm sure there are a few lemons out there but for the most part these cars are very reliable and don't have any problems beyond those associated with "normal" passenger vehicles.

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
I take back that the 3650's are bad trannys, they really arent, they just have their quirks (mine used to grind 1st to 2nd when first driving it on a cold morning until I put in the "secret sauce" from M1R). Theres plenty of Mach 1's making temendous power on the 3650, from twin turbos to F1A procharger setups.

The seat sqeak is common on 03 Cobras as well, so that's not just a Mach 1 thing, same goes with the head tick (although it doesn't create any problems, just annoying).

The only thing that might give you problems is the TOB, and that's if it gets real bad. Mine will just have a light sqeak when the clutch is engaged every once in a while

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I just turned 75k on mine of which 70k have been supercharged. I can deal with the sqeaks and rattles (mostley in the winter), for the most part. I'm making over 500 at the rears with no major issues, knock on wood. Then again I have upgraded the hell out of all the parts that might have failed, less the internals, which I hope will be on the drawing board soon.

TRXboy

Established Member
My mach has that door squeek issue but it's from the button panel, not the seat.

My TOB has been shot for about 15K, and I don't care, it only makes a squeek when its cold. and never when cruising.

My tranny will grind the 1-2 if i slam the gears, that was fixed by a new quadrant and FWA.

Head tick - Yup. Causes the car to smoke every now and than when I idle long, oh well.

That Differential issue, is there a TSB about it?

Can't complain though, the thing takes a beating.

bullitt784

Established Member
only failure i can think of is that i can't fit my gf's 10 suitcases in the car when i'm taking her to the airport. lol

FEARED

Established Member
At 27k i dont have any issues really.. Nothing major to complain about anyway. I just wish the rear stock tires were wider!

mustangmafia1

i have an 03 mach 1 with jlt cai, bassani headers and xpype with slp cat back, 3.73 gears and full suspension,sitting on 17s with 275s. i have that damn door squek and the squek in the rear end. idk y? but nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread