Common failures on a Mach

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
nobody mentioned the steering wheel creek. and nobody mentioned the noisy shaker. my car doesnt have the shaker problem and my streeing wheel creek isn't that loud but my cosuins 03 mach has a crazy creek when he turns the steering wheels and boy is his shaker noisy. everytime he closes he his door you hear that shaker. if these are tsb's does that mean they should be fixed for free because i was told you still have to pay out of your pocket.

kens88gt

Established Member
I only have a little over 12k miles on mine and it is so sweet. Absolutely no complaints. It's bone stock and maybe that's the reason. I love the car!:banana:

todd4566

Man Of Steel
Established Member
40k on mine, and I've battled the following demons: seat rub, A/C vent rattle, 1-2 gear clash, a chirping TOB, and a noisy door cup in my drivers door.

I loosened the passenger seat bolts and moved the seat over, elliminating that irritating noise. The TOB chirp went away after I installed the Fiore Quad and FWA. The 1-2 gear clash was fixed by Ford, under warranty. The A/C vent rattle & door cup rattles are still going on, but I'll deal with them in time.

In short, rattles are my only real problem; the powertrain has proven to be reliable thus far.

Whippedmach

Established Member
I Snaped my input shaft on the 3650 with stock clutch and the car was N/a. on a 3/4 shift. There is a TSB on the 1-2 grind thier is two much fluid in the tranny from the factory and it will cause a failure, also under the TSB thier is a revised 1-2 synchro.

kens88gt

Established Member
I haven't had any problems with min eyet, but I have read that the stock oil pumps are a weakness.

kens88gt

Established Member
I haven't had any problems with mine yet, but I have read that the stock oil pumps are a weakness.

cobra916

Established Member
my tranny does not grind at this moment it only has 22k on it. should I got ahead and do some preventative measures to it? What is the secret sauce....lucas and mobil 1? What is a quadrant and firewall adapter?

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
is the steering creek considered a tsb and if so is it repaired for free or will they charge me if i take it in.

GREY GOD

Established Member
what's the secret sauce for tranny's

my tob whines like a banshee sometimes. new cluth at house waiting to install.
sterring problems, replace the sterring rack bushing w/mm alum ones problem solved

no shaker issues
no head tick
had rear end issues but that was due to doing cams and ported intake
and beating on the car. new cobra 31 spline diff and moser axles in and all good now

cobra916

Established Member
what's the secret sauce for tranny's

my tob whines like a banshee sometimes. new cluth at house waiting to install.
sterring problems, replace the sterring rack bushing w/mm alum ones problem solved

no shaker issues
no head tick
had rear end issues but that was due to doing cams and ported intake
and beating on the car. new cobra 31 spline diff and moser axles in and all good now

The special sauce is 1 bottle lucas tranny fix and the rest is tranny fluid of your choice.

I see you have the fr500 cams....what did you dyno at with your mods? I'm pretty close to buying crower stage II.

drptitan

Established Member
When I sold my 04 it had 18k miles. I had been through and had every syncro replaced along with the clutch, fly wheel, and throw out bearing. Like stated lots of grinding in the tranny, which IMO it was a piece. Thats the only real problems I had with mine.

Venom_nitrous

Established Member
I had the door rattle/squeek really bad too. Popped the window switch panel off and found the rattle. It was the molded part of the door rattling against the sound proofing. I took a paper towel folded it a dozen times and shoved it between the two parts where they vibrated and it is now gone.

Users who are viewing this thread