Common failures on a Mach

blown03mach1

Established Member
No issues with mine and she is at 45k miles of which 17k have been s/c. Stock tranny and clutch had zero issues.

I would say that the rear axles are a weak spot that has not been mentioned.

xxkazp3rxx

Established Member
Mine is at 27k miles and the only thing i've had is a bit of a creaking noise out of the rear axle.. still tryin to figure out what it is... can really only hear it when theres somethign for the noise to echo off of.. but it's really annoying, lol.

dteal1

Established Member
e-brake rattles at certain rpm's, trans synchros, cd player, driver side window won't work sometimes when it gets hot outside

99lightning_svt

Established Member
My shaker rattles my car seems to tick it smokes too and now my 3rd grinds like a beeotch! 54000 miles

OH ya and it eats up rear tires really bad!

John and Renae

Established Member
I had the tranny re-built at 18k miles and I don't run this car hard at all.
I had the driver seat belt replaced because the retractor was not working.
I had the front steering rack bushings replaced.
I greased the shaker stud mounts, took care of the squeak.

Otherwise the car has been great. I had all the work except the shaker done under warranty. I am still not happy with the tranny. My goal one day is to go with a t56 anyway but that will be a while.

overall this has been a solid car and with 35k on it now I have no real complaints...It has lived up to my expectations thus far.

cobra916

Established Member
how much do T-56 trannys run and do they have similar probs? My tranny has no issues at this point but these tranny stories just sound expensive.

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
My biggest problems have been going through 3 clutches and 2 rear ends in just over 56k miles and 5 years. I figure it's a byproduct of the nitrous, since the car becomes a torque monster on the juice!

kcpgt2002

Established Member
im gonna try the secret sauce here soon and see if it does anything about my first gear synchro. Right now I have to shift into second then go to first in order to get it into gear without grinding.
good old 3650

2 cam sam

Established Member
1 blown tranny because of plastic quadrant. 2 blown rears from drag racing. The first a stocker broke the axle ,the second puked out a 31 spline Eaton carrier after 20 passes.

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
I just picked up an 04 Mach I with 27k miles, it came with an extended warranty from Ford ( previous owner purchsed it), would these problems I have read about be covered? OR would a TSB cover the problems? Thanks for the info you guys ( and gals) post on here.

Charles236

Established Member
The 8.8 axle whined in my Mach 1, but I fixed that with a gear swap. That was the only real issue with it, and 95,000 miles later, it still is a reliable daily driver.

4v_mach1

Established Member
whats the secret sauce? im new i just bought a 03 mach 1. im trying to change the tranny oil and dif oil, but im not sure whats the best product on the market.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
whats the secret sauce? im new i just bought a 03 mach 1. im trying to change the tranny oil and dif oil, but im not sure whats the best product on the market.

[ame=http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1380870&postcount=9]2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club - View Single Post - Which fluid to use in TR-3650?[/ame]

Mudd92

03 AB Mach
Established Member
Mine has been great! Sure it has a few squeaks and rattles, but its a Mustang and its 8 years old! The car takes a beating :) Ive been running the eaton swap @ 10lbs for about 10k now and its been great, tranny has been good, grinds sometimes, and the stock clutch hates me and is about to be replaced. Otherwise its a great car.

Users who are viewing this thread