Common failures on a Mach

4v_mach1

Established Member
my tob is making noise, few suspension squeaks, and thats all i could think of for now.. and some times the car grinds when im putting it into reverse, but that could be fixed with the secret sauce?

03dallasmach1

Established Member
I prolley have the Mach with the most miles here, i am at 94k, had it since 70k, differential that was fixes at Ford before i got the car and the TOB, other than that it's a beast to drive, I've seen a guy that had somewhere around 250k on his as a daily driver and said she still drives like a dream straight from the showroom floor, he is on the Mach1registry.com forums.

Monster Mach

Established Member
I prolley have the Mach with the most miles here, i am at 94k, had it since 70k, differential that was fixes at Ford before i got the car and the TOB, other than that it's a beast to drive, I've seen a guy that had somewhere around 250k on his as a daily driver and said she still drives like a dream straight from the showroom floor, he is on the Mach1registry.com forums.

im at 109k on the chassis lol

2 cam sam

Established Member
My tranny blew 3rd gear at 7000 miles drag racing it and also the rearend blew after about 190 passes on drag radials. The trannys been great since the plastic quadrant was thrown out and a Steeda tri ax added.

gonemad

Established Member

130k here, ditched everything from the crank back, new flywheel, clutch TKO 600 cobra DS and a freshly rebuilt rear from a 2002 gt with a cobra 31 spline diff...ect....i got it with 127k with everything as it came from ford, was female highway driven and still had factory brake pads and clutch when i replaced all @ 128. factory long block is still in place (for now hehe) car runs great got back from a 500 mile trip with a/c blasting and got 23 mpg with a 4.10 rear. Taking her for her first track outing tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread