Comp Cams 106460 13-14 GT500

Anybody done any testing with these camshafts ? I did a back to back comparison with these cams on my 04 Cobra when they came out and there was 48rwhp gain on my Cobra ,curious how these stack up to GT cams giving on the good amount of lift/duration the Comp Cams come with . I would like to compare them to the JDM Has been testing on there SCJ but I doubt I can get the specs on them unless I had a set .Any input is welcome .:-D:-D

Specs on the CC Cams

http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/cam-specs/Details.aspx?csid=964&sb=2

Last edited:

JimIII@jdm

We have used these cams, and ofte recommend them for our 03-04 Cobra customers. However in comparison to our cams they are considerably more mild. Our cams will have a more aggressive idle quality and peak higher in the RPM band than these off the shelf Comp cams. Id be willing to bet these cams gain 40-50 HP on most applications, ours are between 80-100 on average however :)

I would be interested on lift due to piston to valve clearance on a built blown motor I want to install them on .

Last edited:

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The reality is the comp 106460 is 10 years old, it is older camshaft technology and never designed for a 5.4, the reality is it will still make some decent power, the last engine we dyno'd made just over 68 RWHP with these cams, to put things into perspective however a current technology MMR supercharger 5.4 specific cam will make 100+HP no problem. MMR sells these cams to many large companies including Shelby america for the high HP 1000+ HP builds.

Best of luck with your choice, let us know if we can help!

MMR
Worlds Fastest GT500 6.75@219mph
www.modularmotorsportsracing.com

mmr%20win%203.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread