Compact or Sub-Compact Glock?

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
I'm about to buy a handgun and i'm stuck between a .40 Glock 23(compact) and a Glock 27(subcompact). Which one would you guys recommend and why?

Also does anyone have any suggestions for other compact/sub-compact pistol that is easy to carry and conceal? This will be my first firearm and i don't know alot when it comes to brands and etc. My budget is around $600. Thanks

Chris

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
What are you planning on doing with the weapon? Do you have small hands? Go to the store and try holding each one and see which fits better.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
i have a 27 and love it. super small and i can carry it in my front pocket in pants or shorts. place here that sells em for $400 used. he also can send it to an FFL place like gunbroker, i called him before i bought mine.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
The 27 is great for concealed. If you have average sized hands you can always look into a Pearce magazine extender. I have them and they make a world of difference for me. Having a place for my pinky helps a lot. You get the benefits of the compact grip with the small frame of the sub-compact.

PG26XL.gif

That's a 26, but you get the idea.

Last edited:

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
You may also want to check out the Springfield XD SC. Ever so slightly larger than the 27.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
I love my 23. I carry it daily, however I am still going to pick up a 27.

1999-COBRA-6661

[S]pecial[V]ehicle[T]eam
Established Member
If you're going to carry it go with the 27. I personally don't like the compact Glocks, they don't fit my hand right. That's why I have all full size Glocks or sub-compacts.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
my friend carries a 27, I am not a fan of it at all , I feel like half my hand is hanging off the gun, I feel like it would be awkward to shoot, he is smaller than me though so it works for him

bunk22

Established Member
The 27 is great for concealed. If you have average sized hands you can always look into a Pearce magazine extender. I have them and they make a world of difference for me. Having a place for my pinky helps a lot. You get the benefits of the compact grip with the small frame of the sub-compact.

PG26XL.gif

I've currently got a Glock 21, a bit big for CCW. I'm going with the Glock 36 with the Pearce magazine extender as well. Not for an extra round but just for my pinkie as I have med to large hands. I love the .45 ACP and the feel of the slim line 36. Haven't shot the GAP round though and the Glock 38 might be a nice weapon as well.

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
i compared both before purchasing and they are very close. i went with the 27, because it is slightly smaller and my goal was for concealment. also found a good deal on one traded in. just add the the mag with the pinky slot for a better grip

Last edited:

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member

PG26XL.gif

Wow that's pretty cool. I might get a 27 just because of that.

Unoid

Established Member
xd9sc here

I'd only go glock if it was for the 30SF, slim .45acp

Black Sex

Established Member
I have a 19 and really like it. My whole hand fits on the handle. I dont really care for the compacts where part of the mag is the handle. Makes my pinky feel naked. However one thing I dislike is the thickness of the frame. I would like to try the slim frame some day.

Last edited:

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
id also recommend the springfield xd series. I love mine. I have a sub compact and my pop has a compact. and my brother has a sub compact .40 and compact .45. they are all great guns. shot well. grip my hand great and I love the extended clip option

Users who are viewing this thread