Completely removed my interior today...

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
You might have to share that secret location with me as i will need to get rid of the big ol' HD wings on my lid unless i can get it sold and get a blank cover

203Cree

Established Member
Mikey, post a picture of your lid. I want something done on mine and if you've got a wide lid, I might be willing to trade lids with ya.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
I was going to sell it just cause i feel kinda bad in pulling apart a perfectly good HD lid. Yeah it is a wide lid out of an 03 anny HD
*edit* ok i got a pic but ill have to load it when i get back to my place as i am at my mothers house finishing laundry right now unless you want me to take a cell pic and send it to your phone

Last edited:

99_venum

SVT Madness
Established Member
I did my Cobra with b-quiet extreme from the firewall to the rear bumper and up the sides. The order weighed 40 pounds and I had 15 pounds left over so I only added 25 pounds and made a world of difference. It has been in there for 2 years and still holding up great. If I do my truck I'll do the b-quiet extreme again.

My under standing is that the vents in the back of the cab are to prevent the airbags from blowing your ear drums out if you get in an accident. I don't think I would cover them unless you could come up with something that attached from the outside that would blow out very easy before you ear drums collapsed :eek:

203Cree

Established Member
lightninmike said:
I was going to sell it just cause i feel kinda bad in pulling apart a perfectly good HD lid. Yeah it is a wide lid out of an 03 anny HD
*edit* ok i got a pic but ill have to load it when i get back to my place as i am at my mothers house finishing laundry right now unless you want me to take a cell pic and send it to your phone

Just when ever. Is it the embroidered one or the emblem? Just PM me on it. Don't want to hijack Chris's thread here, lol.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Haha aslong as we incorperate a little something into each post he cant complain:D
Doing a great job Chris:beer:
See Rob its easy

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
... and the console lid is on it's way to a secret location...

Getting a hydrographic design put on to match the rest of your interior pieces? :D :D :D

Stewart

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
lightninmike said:
Haha aslong as we incorperate a little something into each post he cant complain:D
Doing a great job Chris:beer:
See Rob its easy

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stewart_H said:
Getting a hydrographic design put on to match the rest of your interior pieces? :D :D :D

Stewart

I never even thought of that.... I have something in the works. Of all the stuff I've seen it's my favorite. I also like Disintg8or's flamed lid, but it wouldn't fit my truck.

bready

Established Member
Awesome job you got going here!

I feel your pain on the rear window black sticky stuff! I did my rear window last year cuz it was leaking. I have extra butyle tape if you need some!

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
Hey Chris I was gonna order the Humont face plate kit right now but it say it mounts to a "best" fm-k-550 kit? What exactley does that mean? I currently have a single DIN unit installed...

Help?

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
Hmmm I dunno it has some cheesy surround right now. It was a big part of my decision to upgrade the whole stereo lol. Its got a plate above the h/u that has holes in it. I assume the holes are to have the ability to punch out the plate to install a cubby or something...

Should I just order the plate and hope for the best? Whats the worst case scenerio?

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
I was looking at the same plate about 3 weeks ago and looked on Ebay for the single din "fm-k-550 kit" and it was like $15 if your looking for one.

Users who are viewing this thread