Completely removed my interior today...

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
mmmmmm I like it!

I need to do something like that... i hate all the noise... Or course O/R Pipe and a ported eaton done help! LOL

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
Chris, I'll be calling in a couple weeks for some more Britemax. Please hand deliver the items since I no longer trust any of the delivery companies.

And hey, since you're coming out this way to deliver the Britemax, why doncha go ahead and order some of the same dynomat stuff you're doing your truck with, and bring it out with you, ok? Of course you'd have to bring it with you since I don't trust the delivery companies.

I'll buy you dinner and have Brandon put you up at the Hyatt Regency here in Monterey, no charge, buddy!

HEY!! You know...I was thinking....since you'll be here with all that dynomat stuff, you can show me how you applied it to your truck, by doing my truck for me! Yeah, that's the ticket!!

Man, I come up with some really good idea's!

:D

Stewart

PS - You can write your airline ticket off because it's a business travel expense. See how I keep coming up with these great idea's?? :thumbsup:

pitstain

I love appetizer samplers
Established Member
Comin along GREAT Chris ! A+ job so far. and you could cut little squares of mat and pad each little flap on the vents, it may help a bit but I didnt bother.

I'D WIN

Established Member
Stewart_H said:
Chris, I'll be calling in a couple weeks for some more Britemax. Please hand deliver the items since I no longer trust any of the delivery companies.

And hey, since you're coming out this way to deliver the Britemax, why doncha go ahead and order some of the same dynomat stuff you're doing your truck with, and bring it out with you, ok? Of course you'd have to bring it with you since I don't trust the delivery companies.

I'll buy you dinner and have Brandon put you up at the Hyatt Regency here in Monterey, no charge, buddy!

HEY!! You know...I was thinking....since you'll be here with all that dynomat stuff, you can show me how you applied it to your truck, by doing my truck for me! Yeah, that's the ticket!!

Man, I come up with some really good idea's!

Stewart

PS - You can write your airline ticket off because it's a business travel expense. See how I keep coming up with these great idea's?? :thumbsup:

That all sounds too familiar! :nonono:

ChrisNelson said:
Stewart, I'm ready when you are!!!

Pitstain, ummm no.

Chris~

Be careful to what you commit yourself too!

:nono:

I'D WIN

Established Member
Just kidding ... Stewart, you know I gotcha covered!

friends.gif

Grombil.com

Established Member
Im about to do the wall in my car to now... maby tomorrw ore after the weekend.... Ill take picks along the way... Im also cutting a "Blow trough" hole for the sound to pass troug from the bed. Do i need to deaden the bed walls to? The ones facing the cab?

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
I put in a couple more hours tonight.

I had to strip all this crap off and clean it for re-install.

Winter07086.jpg

Winter07089.jpg

Winter07088.jpg

Finished the back wall -

Winter07097.jpg

Floor almost done -

Winter07093.jpg

Winter07098.jpg

Roof done ( I think ) -

Winter07099.jpg

Winter07091.jpg

I have a few more things going on I'll add in as they come up.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
I wanted to add this -

I've gone through (1) #20455 Bulk pack, (2) #10435 Door kits, & (2) #20445 Tri Paks.

The Tri-Paks SUCK. It is the same sheets that come in the 'Bulk Packs', but they are rolled up so the foil is all wrinkled. I have 2 sheets from the Bulk Pack left and 1 Sheet from the Door kit left. I think I'll need one more door kit to finish, but we'll see. I like the sheets in the Door kits because they are longer & narrower so they are easier to work with.

pitstain

Established Member
Damm Chris still not done yet?!?! you slowpoke :)

Total up the SQ footage of mat you used we can throw it in the FAQ and did you do the doors yet?

everything looks great by the way, except for the shitty ford factory welds that were hidden behind the window frame.

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
Is this something that you would do in front of the dash too?

Most of my excess noises seem to come from that direction (not referring to engine/exhaust noise). Usually I hear most vibration up there. Hit some bumpy freeway in my truck and all you hear is ... stuff. :p *shrugS*

I wanna do this too but its going to be awhile. When I do though, I hope to be doing my consoles and black carpet at the same time though :p

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
Be happy fuzzie, this thing is in rough shape.

I looked up the auction after your apology to Chad, and when I saw the pics, I was thinking he avoided a bullet when you sniped it.

That console didn't looked to be in pretty bad conditionpictures. Looks like a complete makeover, to include a repaint, is in order.

Stewart

03stx

Established Member
pitstain said:
Chris,

I used B-quiet ultimate, same thing as dynamat but 100sq feet cost me about $125 shipped.

Where did you get the B-quiet ultimate for that much? their website states 50sq/ft cost over $100.

pitstain

Established Member
ya know what i used b-quiet extreme, slightly thinner than ultimate 100 sq ft is now 135 shipped.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
pitstain said:
Damm Chris still not done yet?!?! you slowpoke :)

Total up the SQ footage of mat you used we can throw it in the FAQ and did you do the doors yet?

everything looks great by the way, except for the shitty ford factory welds that were hidden behind the window frame.

I can only do 2-3 hours at a time and I definitely can't do it every night. I'll definitely add it all up. I was at the body shop today and I won't have my surround back until next week so I'm not in a hurry now.

inuswo said:
Is this something that you would do in front of the dash too?

Probably, but that just seems like A LOT of work.

Stewart_H said:
I looked up the auction after your apology to Chad, and when I saw the pics, I was thinking he avoided a bullet when you sniped it.

That console didn't looked to be in pretty bad conditionpictures. Looks like a complete makeover, to include a repaint, is in order.

Stewart

I took pics of it today that I will post when I get home. It's in rough shape for sure. A complete disassembly, wash, & paint is in order. It's out of a wreck because it's full of glass. I picked up all new rubbers today for it and the console lid is on it's way to a secret location... :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread