Confession of a Ricer...RX7 versus fox 5.0

SynMan5.0

Established Member
Originally posted by ForceFed7
I will be the first to agree that not many 3rd gen RX-7s that you see are running properly, which is also why you don't see that many "fast" ones. But every once in awhile one comes along, be it stock or modified...

Ok, so you agree there is the occasional "freak" RX-7. But are you trying to say there can't be "freak" 5.0s?

Very well. Can we stop the flaming now?

Only if you can stop crying now.

ForceFed7

Established Member
Originally posted by svt46sc
Ok, so you agree there is the occasional "freak" RX-7. But are you trying to say there can't be "freak" 5.0s?

Only if you can stop crying now.

Very well. I'm drying my eyes as we speak :D

ForceFed7

Established Member
Re: in case...

Originally posted by numbaonestunna
you missed it forcefed... Everyone is laughing at your crying, not the cars involved. I like the RX7, I like the notchback. Your car is probably decently quick, though I doubt you can score an ET of anything close to 13.2. But even if you can, props to you. Who cares, you got smoked out, and cried about it all night long. And as for the notch, say you can beat a stock one. Big deal. Who cares? There are boatloads of notches out there that can make it down the strip and back before you finish. Your car is still SLOW.

p.s. -- Did I mention, you cry like a little girl.??? :loser:

Uh, thanks? :lol:

I'd like to get some vids and recent timeslips of the car since the boost issue has been resolved, but thats not possible anytime soon. The car has a pretty bad oil leak that needs to be repaired first and i just don't feel safe taking it to the track the way it sits now. Besides, if the car were to leak any oil onto the track it might be dangerous for other drag racers as well and i don't want that on my conscience. When i get my oil leak fixed i'll be sure to get video and timeslips for you guys. I honestly can't say what the car will run, but from my experiences and seat-of-the-pants i'd wager somewhere very south of 13.5, ET-wise.

p.s. -- Yes you and several others did mention it. I've got to go to the store now and get more Kleenex. :lol1:

ForceFed7

Established Member
Originally posted by VenomousSVT
that rx7 guy is a local here in charlotte....I have heard soo much shit over that race..LOL

Haven't we all? It was so bad that there were posts on Underground from members asking that the topic not be brought up when going out to Sat. night meets. :-D

ForceFed7

Established Member
Originally posted by aoc racer
hahahahahahahah, i'm surprised he didn't do a fly by to make himself feel like a winner.

Quite the contrary. I had to slam on the brakes because i was coming up on traffic rather quickly.

I don't do flybys. I don't rev at people. I don't turn on my hazzards. Riceboys do that. I am not a riceboy. I respect all things fast whoever makes it. I've owned a 00 Viper RT/10 a couple years back and loved the car. I had a few gripes with it but nothing major. Here's a pic:
64540244faa02349cfe2646bb0608672.jpg

In the pic i had just taken the cars out of storage from the winter months. Thats why there is about an inch of dust on the cars :(

LXative

Established Member
Haven't we all? It was so bad that there were posts on Underground from members asking that the topic not be brought up when going out to Sat. night meets. :-D

Bad enough that someones crying over the subject got my thread on the Underground deleted, when I posted your mods......and got me banned so I couldnt defend myself. We all know what the truth about all of that is, well besides the fact that you lost and the whole nation has now seen it thanks to my buddy Mike (FoxStangGT- editor of the video), and thanks to Roger and Rico for hosting it on a few different servers. I guess I won twice.

icon_thank.gif
icon_thank.gif

LXative

Established Member
Replacement downpipes for the RX-7 are polished stainless steel. They look like this:
downpipe1.JPG

Like i said, you would have seen something that shiny from the top of the engine bay. And why anyone would want to "coat" a stainless downpipe is beyond my comprehension.

The one thing i learned from this race is that you can't trust the Mustang crowd :) Thanks for teaching me that lesson Darren. :D

So you, the allmighty know it all about FD's, are now basically calling yourself a liar? Come on Darril, use your head little buddy.

Originally posted by ForceFed
Here is the downpipe i was interested in buying:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=2442339063

I have spoken with a guy by the name James@Meghan racing who are selling this downpipe. I asked and he said that this is a downpipe and MP combo, and that the two O2 sensors plug into the downpipe. He also says that the flanges are made out of stainless steel although i find that hard to believe, especially for the price. I specifically asked him if there were any fitment issues he was aware of and he said "no".

Looking at this downpipe, can anyone think of any other things that may be of concern to me? Does it look like it may be a decent economical replacement for my factory downpipe? My car is bone stock, and this downpipe would be my only mod. I WOULD NOT, I REPEAT NOT BE USING THE MIDPIPE. I would of course use my factory main catalytic converter with this downpipe. Suggestions and comments are desired. Thank you.

Darril

That was posted here..

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=243673&highlight=downpipe

And here is a freezeframe of that thread in case Darril gets edit happy....

2darril.jpg

Damn, I guess that makes 3 times now that I have won. :nono: :thumbsup:

goose

Established Member
Well too put my .2 in i have a 88 lx Hatchback and when i bought it had 2.73 w/ slushbox AOD ran 9.70 1/8. Brother had a 91lx coupe same bone stk w/ 3.08 gears he ran 10's in 1/8. point is not all motor run the same i had strong motor w/ same ammount of miles on both cars...

i put 3.73 ..H-pipe... Shorty's headers and ran 9.10-9.30's in 1/8 cause thats the only track around here.

now that i have a house and Gargage..thank god..im building 347 stroker motor..almost done bottom end finished just need $$ for heads.

btw i have respect for ricers my best friend has a Eclipes AWD twn trbo running 10.30's in a 1/4 daily driver also. he used to work here as a mechanic:http://www.jotechracing.com/index.asp

Last edited:

LXative

Established Member
Originally posted by ForceFed
On a more serious note, in the name of stealth i have made my final decision on a downpipe, and it will not be a stainless unit, but rather a gun metal grey powdercoated mild steel unit. I do have a race coming up with a highly modified S2000 within the next couple of weeks or so, and i do not want him to readily see the downpipe on the car. Everything else on the car is stock and should appear stock to him. He is not very knowledgable when it comes to FDs, so i think i'm in the clear.

:lol:

JMD0346

Established Member
Let me guess it looks just like the one you have now right?LOL.

The guy you mentioned. Kevin...something. He ran a best of 13.3 @ 103 stock. You on the other hand pull on cars that turn 107-108 and you're stock. So I guess that puts you trapping around 110-112? You sure you dont wanna rethink this whole thing?

No matter. Good luck with the S2000. I guess after the race when he thinks you lied about mods he will learn to not trust RX-7 drivers.LOL. Funny how this street thing works.

Oh and no flame intented. Just busting your nuts. Ive always liked that model 7. Very good looking IMHO.

Last edited:

LXative

Established Member
Originally posted by JMD0346
No matter. Good luck with the S2000. I guess after the race when he thinks you lied about mods he will learn to not trust RX-7 drivers.LOL. Funny how this street thing works.

Oh and no flame intented. Just busting your nuts. Ive always liked that model 7. Very good looking IMHO.

I too found the part about being stealthy friggin hilarious.

And I do also have to agree, I like the FD's. I just hate running into owners like this one. :bash:

ForceFed7

Established Member
*sigh*

LXative you just can't let this go, can you? Like i said, the factory downpipe is on there. It's not powdercoated grey, it's the worn out factory exhaust complete with factory precat and everything. But hey, tell yourself what you have to. I already told you the reason why the downpipe is NOT on there. The boost was spiking and i didn't have the money at the time to properly address that. I guess for people like you it is hard to grasp that.

Anyways, i've since moved on. Now it seems like YOU are the one who is holding onto this thing. Let it go dude, the race happened forever ago. You won. If you are going to continually bash me in this thread too then i won't respond to it anymore, like all the other threads you have dirtied up. I guess you truly are the "filth". :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread