Confession of a Ricer...RX7 versus fox 5.0

mogs01gt

Established Member
hmm you own/owned a viper yet you dont have money to fix your own car???

Dude, you have been called out soo many times on TONS of forums about your "stock" car. Its not stock give it up already.

LittleSalfromSH

Established Member
Originally posted by ForceFed
On a more serious note, in the name of stealth i have made my final decision on a downpipe, and it will not be a stainless unit, but rather a gun metal grey powdercoated mild steel unit. I do have a race coming up with a highly modified S2000 within the next couple of weeks or so, and i do not want him to readily see the downpipe on the car. Everything else on the car is stock and should appear stock to him. He is not very knowledgable when it comes to FDs, so i think i'm in the clear.

:nonono:

ForceFed7

Established Member
Originally posted by mogs01gt
hmm you own/owned a viper yet you dont have money to fix your own car???

Dude, you have been called out soo many times on TONS of forums about your "stock" car. Its not stock give it up already.

Yes, i did own a Viper when i was living in NY. When i was living in NY i had an excellent job and rent was very cheap. I was a single guy as well so i had lots of money to throw around on toys. I also had an assortment of ATVs, Dirtbikes and several snowmobiles. I also owned a turbocharged 800cc 3 cylinder, 2 stroke snowmobile that ran low 8's in the quarter as well (converted for asphalt use). Sick of NY i came down here to pursue another job since the company i was working for up in NY was closing due to the economy(sad, but these are the times). I sold all my toys and paid off all my loans and debts. The RX-7 was already paid for so i kept that.

Anyways, the RX-7 is infact stock. With the downpipe on the car the boost would spike from 10psi to nearly 15psi. The factory ECU does not have parameters for this kind of boost, so i would have had to buy a stand alone engine management (around $1200) so that i could richen up the fuel maps, and since most stand alone's don't control boost, i would have had to shell out another $315+ for a electronic manual boost controller or just risk blowing my engine the next time it made full boost. Thats $1600 in mods right there just to cope with my boost spiking issue. It wasn't cost effective at the time because i just plain didn't have that kind of cash to drop so i had the shop take the downpipe off and put the factory one back on which they were nice enough to do free of charge. All of this info is already there and comes from the same place that Darren is quoting my threads from. He is just using them in his own context for his own favor.

Seriously, the night he and i ran, i looked him square in the eyes and offered to jack the car up for him to look underneath it because he was claiming i wasn't stock. If i were trying to "hide" a downpipe thats the LAST thing i would want to do because you would immediately see that the diameter of the downpipe piping is much larger than the cat and catback piping. I don't know what else to say to help you guys understand that i was infact running a full factory Mazda exhaust on the car. :burnout:

JMD0346

Established Member
Still doesnt answer the question of you trapping 7-10 more mph than the fastest recorded stock time you could find. It reallly doesnt matter I guess. If you are modded you definitly wouldnt admit it at this point. I guess I never got into the street thing that much. I dont mind telling exactly what I run or what mods I have. Hell Im proud of the fact I can afford them!LOL.

Let us know what happens with the 2000. You dont see many down here and they never race.

Ive always heard the street scene was pretty good in charlotte. Some day Im gonna come up and check it out. Im a member at under ground so I know most of the hangouts. If I ever come Ill look for you.

Last edited:

LXative

Established Member
Originally posted by ForceFed7
*sigh*

LXative you just can't let this go, can you? Like i said, the factory downpipe is on there. It's not powdercoated grey, it's the worn out factory exhaust complete with factory precat and everything. But hey, tell yourself what you have to. I already told you the reason why the downpipe is NOT on there. The boost was spiking and i didn't have the money at the time to properly address that. I guess for people like you it is hard to grasp that.

Anyways, i've since moved on. Now it seems like YOU are the one who is holding onto this thing. Let it go dude, the race happened forever ago. You won. If you are going to continually bash me in this thread too then i won't respond to it anymore, like all the other threads you have dirtied up. I guess you truly are the "filth". :lol:

I cant let this go? Darril, YOU came on here and posted .........which brought this TTT. YOU started the discussion all over again. I called you out on what you posted above, and now you give up? I am bashing you by posting your mods? I guess you feel so, thats why I got banned from underground too eh? If this is bashing, its all in return favor. You did the same shit to me. :burn:

Xerxes

Established Member
This is sad, I rarely post here, but I feel to need to add that if you go into every street race expecting a person to tell you there full mod list you are going to end up disappointed.

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
hmm cant find the link its somewhere on the SRTforums website if any of you care to find it. but its kinda funny the Rx-7 takes em off the line but the thunderbird catchesback up in 2nd. then in 3rd he pulls a lead and the Rx-7 brakes. i got the vid on my computer but no place to post the vid

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
Hey ForceFed7.........I won't lie to ya, I have an 02 GT with a forged bottom end, most available engine bolt-ons, 4.10's, and 2 - 10 lb. bottles in the trunk that I'll PROUDLY show you that help me run a "conservative" 150 shot..........wanna run? Being you frequent THE ROCK, I'm sure to run into you several times over the summer. I just live a little ways up the road from you in Danville, Virginia. We can run for shit's-n-giggles!! BTW, that is a nice lookin' ride you have there.......take care of her. As for everyone giving you so much hell (hehe) you're just gonna have to deal with the fact that you'll probably never live this down.:whine:

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
instead of NOS any of u ever though of runnin like 8 cans of 20 gallon octane booster? just dont let ur car idle or it'll overheat but u can get to like 130 octane or greate about same as drag fuel and it'd be safer then running NOS in ur engine cause it kinda steals some life...

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
Originally posted by hmmmidunno
instead of NOS any of u ever though of runnin like 8 cans of 20 gallon octane booster? just dont let ur car idle or it'll overheat but u can get to like 130 octane or greate about same as drag fuel and it'd be safer then running NOS in ur engine cause it kinda steals some life...

:lol: :rollseyes :nonono:

SynMan5.0

Established Member
Originally posted by hmmmidunno

Umm..... Well, nevermind. :nonono:

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
haha yeah sorry i had just gotten home from helpin him put clutch in so i vented on it. i'm pretty random at times sorry dude

Ultor

Pie luver ;)
Established Member
Originally posted by svt46sc
Umm..... Well, nevermind. :nonono:

lol! I did the same thing. wrote some stuff out and was like.... forget it ;P

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
what the heck why did it post that on this forum.... heh kinda the wrong thread. weird it was messin up on me when i tried posting so the whole clutch replacement story and octane booster should be on another thread. so it double posted grr.... sorry guys....

Agent_D

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread